Stockings appearing through shoes/heels of Charactor

uplandmoduplandmod Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hello Friend Members,

I'm having trouble with stockings appearing through shoes and heels of my charactor.

I will put the stockings on the feet but when I put the shoes/heels on the stockings peek through.

I tried to make it invisible but the entire foot portion of the stocking disappears.

How would I make it so the stocking doesn't appear through the shoe?

Thank you!
Leonardo

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
    edited December 1969

uplandmod said:

Hello Friend Members,

I'm having trouble with stockings appearing through shoes and heels of my charactor.

I will put the stockings on the feet but when I put the shoes/heels on the stockings peek through.

I tried to make it invisible but the entire foot portion of the stocking disappears.

How would I make it so the stocking doesn't appear through the shoe?

Thank you!
    Leonardo

Apply a Smoothing modifier to the shoes an set collision to the tights.
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited May 2013

If you are using DAZ Studio:

It's also technically possible to hide polygons by using opacity (which I think comes at the cost of render time, but I'm not sure how much affect that would have if the opacity map is already there anyway).

In addition, you can also create a new surface out of selected polygons and make it transparent. Probably not the best way to fix this problem, but if for some reason you need to, here is how:
    To select individual polygons and create a new surface: Tools > "Polygon Group Editor". In the viewport, click on one poly to select it then hold Ctrl down and select any other polygons you want (or optionally you can select with a rectangle). Right click and choose Polygon Assignment > Create Surface from Selected. (you can also TEMPORARILY hide polygons here with "Polygon Visibility" > "Hide selected", but this isn't saved with the scene.) Give the new surface a name. You will then see a new material zone in the "Surfaces (color)" pane. You can set it to 0% opacity to make it permanently hidden.

Post edited by sriesch on
  • reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

You didn't say what program, character or shoes you are using.
    If in Studio 4.5, using a genesis based character and shoes for genesis or v5, apply the shoes over the stockings. select the shoes, right click "Fit to..." the name of the stockings, instead of Fit to Genesis. When done, apply the smoothing modifier, and it should work.

• uplandmoduplandmod Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you everyone,

Sorry for the late response.

Tramp Graphics was able to fix most the problem I have, I've been since using that technique on other items I was having with.

Sean, i will try that as well if I run across those issues and Tramp suggestions do not work.

Thanks Reelyor, I was using Daz3d. I was using Victoria 4 and the shoes I believe I bought from Rederosity.

• uplandmoduplandmod Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm now having a secondary issue, with the toes shape still being visible.

I tried making the toes invisible but it seems the stockings underneath still hold the shape of the toes.

Anyway to make the shape of the toes invisible so the proper shape of the shoes is shown?

Thank you!

Leonardo

Screen_Shot_2013-05-02_at_10.37_.08_PM_.png
    371 x 251 - 118K