Lag issues with 17 Chic

kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

...the other night I loaded the 17 Chic clothing on a character and afterwards found manual posing and transitions lagged terribly. I recall there was a similar issue with Pink Ink that related to layering and smoothing, however, 17 Chic doesn't appear to have any components that overlay each other.

I've also worked with the Morphing Business Suit (which involves far more layering and collision adjustment than Pink Ink) and there is no lag in character transition/posing.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Does 17 Chic have smoothing on? If so, try turning it off. I think polygon count of the emsh and the collision item is what determines the lag with smoothing, not how many layers there are overlapping each other.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the other night I loaded the 17 Chic clothing on a character and afterwards found manual posing and transitions lagged terribly. I recall there was a similar issue with Pink Ink that related to layering and smoothing, however, 17 Chic doesn't appear to have any components that overlay each other.

I've also worked with the Morphing Business Suit (which involves far more layering and collision adjustment than Pink Ink) and there is no lag in character transition/posing.

There are two full shirts in the outfit. The inner shirt has this crumpling in the chest when it's fit to Genesis. I've submitted a bug report; but...
    Post edited by BWSman on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948
    edited December 1969

...I turned smoothing off on all components and it helps a bit, but there is still a slight amount of lag. Still, much better than before.