[PoserCF] How to generate PoserCF for morphs?

SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975

Okay, I checked the documentation wiki.

However, I am still confused -- how do I create Poser Companion Files for morphs?

Let's pretend that I have some totally awesometastic morph for DAZ Horse 2 and those morphs are sitting nice and tight in torso section of the magnificent beast. How would I proceed from there?

Post edited by Skiriki on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Save a character or pose preset, then make a PoserCF for that?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I mean, the morph is of a sort where you slide the dial, not a full body morph; there's a degree of dialing you can do up to your taste. Does it really work that way in creating PoserCF thingies? o_O

edited December 1969

Well, parameter dials don't need PoserCF's

edited December 1969

Well, parameter dials don't need PoserCF's

But people who have DAZ Horse 2 report that the dialable mare morph I made does not work in Poser 9/Pro 2012 and said that I'd need to do the CF thing for it. I would appreciate it if someone who tinkers with both DAZ Studio and Poser 9/Pro 2012 would grab the morph pack and test it, then?

edited December 1969

Do they see the dial, but it doesn't do anything?

edited December 1969

Do they see the dial, but it doesn't do anything?

Yes! That's the problem. What I'm doing wrong?

edited December 1969

But it's working in DS?

edited December 1969

But it's working in DS?

Yes! Works peachy keen, no problems. Data directories are properly ported over yada yada.

edited December 1969

Anything show up differently about the dial? Different ranges?

edited December 1969

Anything show up differently about the dial? Different ranges?

In DS, it seems to work perfectly OK as I set it (range 0-1, increments 0.01 etc). The only thing I have done differently from normal dials is background color for it (set it to light purple to differentiate it from default dials).

From Poser users, I haven't heard of different ranges etc.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Are the Poser users sure that the \Data\... folder with your morphs is in the root of a Poser external library folder - that is, the Data folder sits next to the Runtime folder in a folder that appears in the library list in Poser, such as Poser # Content?

edited December 1969

Pretty sure that at least one of them did it right that way, yeah.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited May 2013

I don't have the horse to test this, but looking at the DSF files there are a couple of lines in each one that could be causing the DSON importer problems.

If you open the "Basic Mammary Morph" dsf in a text editor, lines 16 & 17 are called "id" & "name", the data on those two lines should be the same and without spaces, and preferably different to the "label" on line 30, "label" is what you see in the parameters in both DS & Poser, while "id" & "name" is the internal code names for the channel.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
    edited December 1969

Hmm! Good tip. I'll take a peek.