FaceShop error under D|S 4.5

River SongRiver Song Posts: 19
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I went ahead and snagged FaceShop 8, seeing as there's some faces I want to bring into D|S. Only problem is, everything runs perfectly up until time to morph, when it displays this error.

"FaceShop Directory 'filename' could not be created because the selected figure does not have a valid runtime folder."

At this point, it's getting to be irritating, and possibly where I'll reshape the faces by hand (which was the whole point of getting FS in the first place!)

I've double and triple checked the installation, and it's correct. Files are in their correct folders.

Anyone have a fix for this?

AWESN.png
412 x 145 - 23K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

First of all, I know nothing at all about FaceShop, and I have never used it.

What figure were you using, as that seems to be where the error comes from? What do you have selected when trying to save? This information would be useful for anyone trying to help.

• River SongRiver Song Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Genesis, option for Victoria 5. I double-checked and that figure is installed and correctly placed.

And there seems to be no option as to save location' FaceShop is apparently selecting that on its own.

edited December 1969

As I said before, I don't know anything about Faceshop, BUT, Genesis figures will not have a valid Runtime folder, as they are in DAZ Studio format.

The Product Page says this:

. FaceShop 8 is Studio 4.5 compliant and works with Genesis Figures (M5, V5, Basic Child, etc.)

There must be a way of setting it up for Ggenesis which is not a Poser figure. Is there not a readme or manual with it? I will need to leave it to someone else to fill in the gaps I'm afraid. At least we know it should work :)
    edited December 1969

That's the problem there, though. As far as I know (the manual even runs it through with D|S, and shows no extra steps to take!), it should just run right away.
    I just checked, and you're correct, Genesis (\content\people\genesis) doesn't run through the normal runtime (despite all Genesis clothing installing to the 'runtime\people\clothing' folder).
    Moving Genesis will likely break something.

By all rights, it should work without tweaking or poking.

I went poking into the settings file for FS.
    Could this be the problem?

" >

There is a Genesis.dsf under that directory, though.
    :shut:
    edited December 1969

I think there is something wrong with the way your DS content folder is set up.

All of my Genesis clothing is in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis\Clothing, it will NOT be seen by DS in DAZ Studio formats if it is in a Poser Runtime folder.

Where is your content installed to exactly. There should NOT be a folder called 'Content' inside a My Library folder, or a My DAZ 3D Library folder. All Genesis content must be inside the the People folder and NOT in a Runtime folder. I think you may have a nested content folder, My Library is the new name for what used to be called the 'Content' folder, therefore a content folder should not appear inside of a My Library folder. You would need to empty the content folder, and move all of it's contents directly into the My Library folder.

edited December 1969

The content is installed to 'C:\Users\'myusername'\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Content\Runtime' and down.
    It's probably a remnant from moving over from an old drive and use of D|S3.
    Setting it to move from Content to My Library now.

Though I've never had problems with D|S 4.5 detecting content installations within a runtime before.

edited December 1969

Genesis clothing is in DAZ Studio format, so it should not appear in a Poser Format runtime folder, unless you have some which is in CR2 or PP2 format, only then DS would 'see' it.

The new ZIP installers have a folder called 'content' inside them, but the DIM (DAZ Install Manager) knows what to do with it, and most users probably don't. You really need to empty the files inside the content folder directly into the My Library folder in future, or you will finish up with nested folders. It can cause a lot of problems, but I think you should be OK now.

edited December 1969

Most of my clothing, at this point, is CR2, so that was probably it.
    I've been using .exes and pointing it at a content folder; same way as when installing content for D|S3.

So, now FS is working almost correctly (I just need to work out the kinks in the face itself!).

Thank you for taking the time to indirectly try to figure out the issue! :D

edited December 1969

My pleasure :-)

I am just glad that you are able to use FS now. Have fun.