Diamond Dancer

Denkhoff43Denkhoff43 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I have the 'Millennium Woman' Victoria 1 and Diamonds I like to know how to use all of the Diamonds product on V-4 and Genesis characters

and I like to take apart the Diamond Dancer file and use it's parts and single pieces like the the diamond belt and arm bands too '

If this can be done how do I do this I have Hexagon 2 and Bryce 7.1 Free ver.

James43

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

There isn't a way to convert automatically using the tools you have - Wardrobe Wizard or Cross Dresser could probably do it with the appropriate templates for the source and destination figures (up to the fourth generation) but the result would not be pretty as you would lose the precise shapes of the elements. Using hexagon to patiently move the bits piece by piece to fit the desired figure, then rigging that from scratch, would probably be your best bet.

• Denkhoff43Denkhoff43 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I do not know how do that But I want to learn how to do that.
    Now how can I found out how? :-)

edited December 1969

Which, reshaping or rigging?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,057
    edited December 1969

I thought the diamond dancer was for V3?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No, it's for V1 & 2

edited December 1969

Which, reshaping or rigging?

Both and all the above

edited December 1969

except for the shoes and one necklace. it does not conform too badly using V3 shape for Genesis

dd.jpg
    800 x 800 - 58K
    edited December 1969

I'm surprised -people did try it ages ago, and it was held up as an example of something that would not take conversion. If it does that's great.

edited December 1969

I tried the VCFS too and a few other V2 outfits, you need to add a smoothing modifier and hide feet but they all worked.

edited December 1969

but I want to break it and use it as individual pieces like arm bans, belt, ect. and use them on V-4 and others figures
    How can that be done and what do I need to do that?

help !!!

and Thank's for the help

edited December 1969

Rerigging to an older figure can be trickier, as they don't support weight maps and so you can't simply project the map into the figure. Breaking the outfit into parts is fairly simple - either lasso select a section in Hexagon, copy, and paste to a new mesh or even hide the unwanted parts by clicking their eye icons in DS and export as OBJ with ignore invisible checked (which it is by default) and several of the sections could be used as props like that - the only bits that would pretty much have to be rerigged would be the pants and possibly the necklace.

edited May 2013

What do I need to convert this to V-4 and other figures and how can I break it a part and set it up do for the them
    and just to make my own clothing I have Hexagon 2 and Bryce 7.1 and Daz Studio 4.5 all the Free ver. What are the other programs I need ?

Thanks for the help

Post edited by Denkhoff43 on
    edited December 1969

I tried to answer the breaking apart question in the previous post - you'd need to do a bit of scaling and possible rotating or translating to get the pieces to line up correctly with V4.