New HD..Content Management Service not running in Task Mgr

VitachickVitachick Posts: 135

Reinstalled 4.5 and same problems as in past..
Content Manager not running
Search- doesnt run
Product icon-nothing happens when I click on it
Categories same as above...

Genesis does not load when opening...
Pane on left....Files Products...?? nothing there
Shortcuts-Smart Content
Surface Color

Wonder why the programmers/coders did not make 4.5 more user friendly...On a mission so want it to work

Win XP 32 bit
Went to my previous purchases and installed EVERYTHING FOR 4.5....really lost....
I have my Daz content/runtime etc on partitioned drive...Manually I can access all but need
that Find files working..

If a pic is needed let me know and I will take a one
Advise of any other info needed...

Post edited by Vitachick on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If the CMS is not running, you wont be able to use the Find option or Categories and Products, or Smart Content.

Go to the Start menu, All Programs > DAZ 3D > DAZ Cintent Management Service, and start it from there. If it keeps stopping, you may need to uninstall it, and then re-install DS4.5, but see if that works first.

• VitachickVitachick Posts: 135
    edited December 1969

Uninstalled it as tried to get it running....Rebooting and reinstalling 4.5 once again

edited December 1969

Ok checked in Task Mgr and Content Manager is running..Reinstalled 4.5 once again

Opened 4.5
    NO default presets are shown on the left
    Search engine cannot locate anything
    Products Tab...Only D Daz built in content listed
    Category Tab...Looks like scrip only??
    Set so Genesis loads on startup...Cannot locate any
    purchased skins, products..

Previously stated...Daz content on partitioned drive..Also set my Poser runtime also
    on same partitioned drive

Ok what is next???

If it worked was going to reinstall on my Win7 Comp. But with this no way..

Frustrating and ready to uninstall and forget it completely.....again....

edited December 1969

Well, XP is a very old OS by now, and it is not an indicator of how it will work on Win7. I use Win7, and it works perfectly for me.

I am not really clear about what you are seeing? If your content does not appear in the Content Library pane, then there is something worng with how the directories are setup in the Content Manager, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager. The Content Library pane does NOT rely on the CMS at all, and it should always display your content if the directories are setup correctly.

Can you post an image of your Content Directory Manager, expanded to show all of the entries?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

How did you Install the Content? If you used the DIM the install path is different from the default DS path. If you installed to the DS4.5 My Library did you Import the Metadata?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    How did you Install the Content? If you used the DIM the install path is different from the default DS path. If you installed to the DS4.5 My Library did you Import the Metadata?
    4.5_directory_Manager_.JPG
    1600 x 900 - 180K
    edited May 2013

Well, XP is a very old OS by now, and it is not an indicator of how it will work on Win7. I use Win7, and it works perfectly for me.

I am not really clear about what you are seeing? If your content does not appear in the Content Library pane, then there is something worng with how the directories are setup in the Content Manager, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager. The Content Library pane does NOT rely on the CMS at all, and it should always display your content if the directories are setup correctly.

Can you post an image of your Content Directory Manager, expanded to show all of the entries?

Ok done. Maybe old but very stable and user friendly...MY Win7 comp is just OS update from WinXP
    4.5 worked until I installed 2 new Internal HD....:(

edited December 1969

You have a folder called E:\Content\Content. What does this folder contain? Is it the content that is missing?

Content is the old name for the My Library folder, and if it contains a Poser folder called 'runtime', it will need to be listed in the Content Directory Manager as well, as a Poser Formats folder, or you will not see any Poser content contained in it in DS4.5.

You will need to look in the 'Content Library' to make sure that you can see your content. Look under both Poser Formats AND DAZ Studio Formats.

Is the CMS now running?

edited May 2013

All paths look fine for XP. I see genesis loaded, but I'm not sure the CMS see's the content on a different partition. I'll ask one of the bosses.

EDIT: Okay it should not matter if the paths are good. They look good. "Daz Content/Content" should be okay I think.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited May 2013

Great...FYI...Tried to install 4.5 on my Win7 comp...Same problem..

Maybe because I use partitioned drive for all???? DS on main drive...All D/L on partitioned drive..

Another software program have set up same way and NP...

edited December 1969

If you use the mini menu (four lines) on Content Library tab and open the Content Database Maintenance try Re Import Metadata. That could fix your Smart content for you.

edited December 1969

Seems Daz was down..anyway...see attached...Seems to work now....Running Install Manager on my Win7 comp and hopefully all be work...Will advise..

Thank You!

Win_XP_4.5_.JPG
    1600 x 900 - 161K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Don't install user data to the Program Files folders or the ProgramData folder.