Coupon for 'Mayo'

SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Got an email (luckly I checked!) which gave details of a coupon giving $6 off, which stacks with the current $5 off for the Cinco de Mayo one.

And it does indeed stack. IF your cart still totals at least $25 AFTER the $5 discount has auto-applied - so beware! :)

Comments

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    ... it does indeed stack. IF your cart still totals at least $25 AFTER the $5 discount has auto-applied - so beware! :)

The email that I got says "when you spend $30 or more", so this makes sense. You only need $25-worth in your cart to get the automatic $5 off, but you need to put a full $30 worth of content into your cart to get both the $6 and the $5 off.

I'd just about talked myself out of using the $5 coupon, but now DAZ have raised the stakes again ...

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971
    edited December 1969

My email read:
    "Mayo is getting even more exciting with this exclusive $6 coupon that stacks with the Cinco de Mayo $5 Offer!

View in Browser - http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2013/special/05-06seis/05-06seis.html

Seis de Sexy Mayo
    Use coupon code: 6-MAYO to apply coupon
    Get $6 off your next order
    Redeem your offer today

Excludes gift cards, memberships and licenses"

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    My email read ...

Mine too. But if you read it as rich-text (HTML) email and load the images, then the graphics that appear include the "When you spend $30 or more" message.

DAZ should probably make sure that the text version exactly matches the HTML/graphical version. Some of us - you, me - still read things as plain-text first (or exclusively).

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

I can't even find $30 worth of DAZ Originals to spend the Audubon $10 coupon which expires (or expired already) today. I came up with $20 worth of products ... most that I didn't really care whether I got or not and had been in my wishlist for years.

Now, I'm need to come up with another $30 of DAZ Originals to get $5 off? (Because ... of course, coupons can't be stacked. Unlike the vouchers we used to get.)

But ... I can find plenty of PA products I would purchase.

edited December 1969

I don't think the (just over) $30 worth of items I got (thus getting the full $11 off) were all (or any of them) DOs.

edited December 1969

I can't even find $30 worth of DAZ Originals to spend the Audubon $10 coupon which expires (or expired already) today.

Yeah, I think I'll let that one go by too. If DAZ wanted to extend the expiry on that coupon, and if they release something amazing later in the month, then maybe. Otherwise ...

Now, I'm need to come up with another $30 of DAZ Originals to get $5 off? (Because ... of course, coupons can't be stacked. Unlike the vouchers we used to get.) But ... I can find plenty of PA products I would purchase.

The $6 coupon does stack with the $5 Cinco de Mayo saving. And, as I understand it, it applies to non-DAZ Original items. So you might want to look again.

It looks as if DAZ have realized that giving coupons that only work on DAZ Originals loses its effectiveness after a while, which is why we've seen some recent promotional coupons that seem to work for anything.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,331
    edited May 2013

Just a HU on this - I tried it (with little hope of success) on the InaneGlory lighting bundle AND IT WORKED! (So I got $11 off that set) Probably just another store glitch, but worth a try if there's something PA that you do want?
    ETA: Sorry SimonJM and angusm, I didn't read your posts properly, so my news is not really new!

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited May 2013

While the $5 off $25 Cinco de Mayo doesn't seem to be restricted to DAZ Originals, the email for the $6 off $30 stacking SEIS de etc. coupon specifically states DAZ Originals.

What I meant by doesn't stack is the $10 off $30 Audubon coupon with the $6 off $30 SEIS coupon. There just wasn't $60 worth of DAZ Originals I wanted which is what I'd need to purchase to be able to take advantage of both those coupons (since I'd have to purchase $30+ in two separate orders).

Edit: Even though the email states specifically that the $6 SEIS coupon is only good on DAZ Originals, it did work on non-DOs. Now, I'm going to bed. An hour late :P

angusm said:
    I can't even find $30 worth of DAZ Originals to spend the Audubon $10 coupon which expires (or expired already) today.

Yeah, I think I'll let that one go by too. If DAZ wanted to extend the expiry on that coupon, and if they release something amazing later in the month, then maybe. Otherwise ...

Now, I'm need to come up with another $30 of DAZ Originals to get $5 off? (Because ... of course, coupons can't be stacked. Unlike the vouchers we used to get.) But ... I can find plenty of PA products I would purchase.

The $6 coupon does stack with the $5 Cinco de Mayo saving. And, as I understand it, it applies to non-DAZ Original items. So you might want to look again.

It looks as if DAZ have realized that giving coupons that only work on DAZ Originals loses its effectiveness after a while, which is why we've seen some recent promotional coupons that seem to work for anything.

Post edited by Satira Capriccio on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

I think all of my items i'm planning on buying at least in my one order are DO, after not coming to the site for almost a year I'm trying to play catch up to all the do genesis addons, I had V5 and M5 when they came out, and got the teens last month, so now planning on buying Aiko 5, Stephanie 5, and David 5, and hopefully in the fall I can get Hiro 5 and the Freak 5 before they release anymore base figures, but we still need a baby and preschoolers. The only non-DO i'm thinking of getting is the Morphing Tux bundle, but i have not decided for sure on that one. I do wish we could still use the voucher on PA products as well as not having to use a coupon code to use it, but I do understand why they did it, just makes finding things to get somewhat harder at times.

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Just a HU on this - I tried it (with little hope of success) on the InaneGlory lighting bundle AND IT WORKED! (So I got $11 off that set) Probably just another store glitch, but worth a try if there's something PA that you do want?
    ETA: Sorry SimonJM and angusm, I didn't read your posts properly, so my news is not really new!

No worries - repetition can be a good thing, saying it again in different words my make it clearer for someone else and also makes it more likely that someone skim-reading the thread will pick up the basic details :)

• RabeRabe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to redeem the 6-Mayo Coupon but all I get is an "invalid"message. I looked it up, it doesnt say it has to be daz originals only.
    Does anyone have that problem too? It should be valid till midnight daz time.
    Help please ;-)

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

My coupon said: "Your next purchase of DAZ originals...." (in all caps).