block figures when opening saved files

kaperkarkaperkar Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I have been using Daz for years with fairly minimal problems. I have been saving some scenes with Genesis figures, Aiko 5, etc. When I open the scenes after saving, the figure is in Block form. It renders invisible but does show up in the scene tab.
If this is a issue with how my folders should be set up then I will probably need some pictures to help me figure out how my directories should look. Any help would be appreciated though. Thank you

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

That means DS isn't finding the Data files. What is your OS? Go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the DS-format and Poser-format sections, and post a screenshot.

• kaperkarkaperkar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok,
    Here it is. A mess I know. I am a content hoarder.

My_Mess.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 65K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

I'm thinking you probably have Data folders in some of the folders you have listed under Poser formats but not under DS formats, in particular "My Library" and "My DAZ 3D Library". Any of those folders which contain folders aside from Runtime should show up as DS formats also (or the folders need to be merged together). You also have a set of nested folders, ...Rename and ...Rename/Content, which could be confusing DS.

• kaperkarkaperkar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply on this issue. I wound up hanging it up for a while. I am interested in trying to get this fixed now if anyone has the time for help. I have started by merging all the MY Daz 3d folder into my normal folder. For some reason the content manager insists I download to this other "public folder" Other than that I am not sure how to fix this. I am willing to pay for a "log me in" session to have someone get my content moved to the correct folders or at least get me on the right path.

Thanks. K