IG PhotoStudio 2 crashing

SiscaSisca Posts: 875
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I purchased this a while back and never could get the lights to load, it always appeared to work but then nothing was there and the lighting didn't change. After the release of the DIM I've been going through and cleaning up my library and letting the install manager manage the installs.

So, I've removed this product, installed using the DIM. Now whenever I try and load a light set it crashes Daz.

I'm using Daz 4.5.0.114 Pro 64 Bit edition on Windows.

I've uninstalled PhotoStudio 2 and re-installed using the DIM again with the same result. Uninstalled and forced DIM to re-download the file then install it and still the same result.

Is there somewhere I can look to find a crash log that might tell me what is happening?
Any other ideas I can try?

Thanks

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you go to Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File, and look at the very end of your previous session after a crash, there may be something in there that helps.

I have IGPhotoStuio 3 and it works perfectly. You are using a fairly old version of DS4.5, the latest stable version is 4.5.1.56, prhaps you could try that if all else fails.

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

I didn't see any sort of errors in the log file. I went ahead and upgraded to the latest version and that seems to have fixed it though.

Thanks for your help.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

My pleasure!

I am glad you got it sorted out, they are really good lights too.

• InaneGloryInaneGlory Posts: 294
    edited December 1969

My pleasure!

I am glad you got it sorted out, they are really good lights too.

Thank You JimmyC!

DS4.5.0.114 seems to have been a bad build for the Area Light Shader. Unfortunately that happens from time to time with DS builds

• InaneGloryInaneGlory Posts: 294
    edited December 1969

Sisca:

I'm sorry to here you've been having issues with one of my products for such a long time. If you have problem with or just need help using one of my products you need to PM me. I'm not happy if your not satisfied with my products. I do periodically check the forums but this one almost slipped by me.