Installation problem with Genesis Starter

dukeiskingdukeisking Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm new to Daz3D. To download the program itself, I had to go to CNET to find the install files for Daz 4.5. It included the Genesis install files (I think 1.3?) Anyway, installed Daz and Genesis. Whenever I try to get to items (models, props, etc) by using the Smart Content tab on the left, I get an error saying the file can't be found and points to the location: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My Daz3D Library/...... So I uninstalled Genesis and reinstalled doing custom install and made sure that the actual install location was C:/Users/Phillips/My Documents/.... So I tried copying and pasting the link that Daz is looking for (Users/Public/...) but it doesn't exist. Why the heck is it doing that? Any help would be appreciated as I'm getting kinda frustrated.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well for one you really should BUY the free version from here at Daz3D you then go to My Account and then the Product Library. You then download and install that version of DS for your PC. And the Genesis Starter Essentials from your Product Library as well. Be sure you uninstall all the files from CNet first, including the CMS.

You will get a Serial number for DS4.5Pro in your My Account then as well. That should fix you right up. If not just post here what you still need help with.

• dukeiskingdukeisking Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks, that seemed to fix the problem! I had actually "bought" it twice, but could never find the download link so I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. Interestingly, I had to use the installer for the Genesis and manually point it to the correct folder. It seems to be functioning now. Chalk another win up for the Daz3d community :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

Your welcome, and yes the DIM (Daz Install Manager) has a different path than a EXE installer. When using the DIM remember at this time it only installs Content. No Plugins or items that use Installed code (like a DLL) to make it work.

Post edited by Jaderail on