DSON Impporter and Poser Pro 2012

I just installed the Dson importer and placed all the essentials files into the necessary places but after i load the Genesis figure i get nothing... Absolutely nothing it shows that it has done something and that there is a character loaded called genesis but only get x y z parameter dials and nothing else. No figure on the screen nothing. Tried it with the clothing as well and same issue.

i was running the reality 3 plugin but that was causing errors. Upon removing that the errors have since gone away but the figures are still not there. any thoughts on what i might be doing wrong or what might be outta whack?

currently running Poser Pro 2012 sw ver. 9.0.3.23027 with sp 3 64bit version and the 64bit version of dson as well

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Usually this means that you don't have the DSON Core files, somewhere Poser can get them - the \Data folder needs to be sitting in the same folder as one of your Runtime folders, and either it or the one with the Poser companion files needs to be in a location that Poser can write to as well as read from (so not in Program Files on Windows Vista or later).

• edited December 1969

Currently i have both sets of files set up in
    D:\Documents\Genesis Starter Essentials and D:\Documents\Genesis Starter Essentials for Poser
    they also have full read write permission across the board as does the main folder that it is in.

Basically i copied exactly what the instructions showed once i couldnt get it to work. Question is how do i know if it is able to write to the folder or not. is there a file that is constantly being updated to see if it is working correctly?? Looking at the log file it is showing the path to everything correctly but the execution times are less than a second.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

So D:\Documents\Genesis Starter Essentials appears in your list of libraries in Poser?

• edited December 1969

Ok well it does now :shut: i had only added the poser runtime and not the other one. total BF on my part. Thanks!