How save scene in DAZ 4.5 like 4.0?

I just changed over to 4.5 a few days ago from 4 and I notice that it takes considerably longer to save a scene in the new *.duf format opposed to the *.daz format of DAZ 4. So, I'm wondering if there's a way to save the old way... I mean, taking 1-2 mins to save a scene in 4.5 opposed to 5-10 seconds in 4.0 is a considerable detriment to workflow. So if there's some sort of way around that it'd be helpful.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The only way to save in DS4.5 as in the DUF format, it cannot save as a .DAZ file.

You have several more options in DS4.5, you can save as a Scene subset for example, if you only wnat a clothed charater say. What do you have in these scenes that are taking a long time to save, I haven't had that problem with DS4.5, and I find scenes save many times quicker in fact?

• edited December 1969

Nothing more than I had in DAZ 4. Just a figure, some lighting, a hair, maybe a pair of clothes. The saves are definitely considerably longer.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I suppose it depends on your system really.

I just loaded Genesis, applied the base material, applied all of the Marauder items, IG Studio lights, and rendered.

I then saved as a DUF Scene file, and it took about 3 seconds. I have an i7 Quad core PC, with 16 GB RAM. I remember that saving times were much quicker in DS4.5 than they were before in DS4. The files are saved in a completely different way, and DUF is generally much faster. Why yours is slower I have no idea, but it should be investigated.

• edited December 1969

I'm not using an unmodified base figure with no morphs and no modifications... I didn't mean literally just a figure.

Anyways, it isn't my system. I'm on an i7 with 12GB of RAM. It's not just me either. A friend told me that they noticed the same thing as well and that there was no way around it that they knew of.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

TBH the old scene file format had it's problems to, it wouldn't be the first time you had to wait 20 - 30 minutes (or longer) on it saving.

With 4.5 it really depends on what you have in the scene as to how long it will take to save, Genesis and it's content will take seconds to save, as it already has DSON DSF asset files, so DS only has to add the changes from the default settings to the scene DUF.

Poser content, or even Autofit/TU conversions that haven't been saved right, don't have DSON DSF asset files, so when you save a scene DS has to write out all of those asset files, a scene with a couple of clothed Gen 4 figures and your looking at well over 100,000 DSF asset files being created, so it's no wonder saving takes ages.