ground plane tiling

westernnomadwesternnomad Posts: 90
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm using worldbase extreme in DS 4.5, and it works just fine with the sandy ground texture, however when I apply the grassy textures to the ground plane, it looks like a big smear of green. So I tried tiling 500x500 and the texture formed into something realistic - except that the tiles show up as circular instead of square with blue in-between. (see attached render - my question will make sense when you see it)
How do I get these !#$!%$! tiles to fit together right and be square instead round?

tiling_question.jpg
773 x 874 - 551K

Comments

• jamesgjamesg Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

In the Surfaces Tab select "Ground Plane" and remove the texture from the Opacity Strength Adjustment. It will look like a white circle on a black background next to the slider. Click on the little triangle and select none. That should remove the circles from your tiled render.

• westernnomadwesternnomad Posts: 90
    edited December 1969

Thanks. That did the trick and raised new questions. I'll keep experimenting before I ask, but you've helped me make a breakthrough. As you probably expect, deactivating the ground mask caused a loss of depth. I created a mask plane. Not perfect but I'm still working on it.

result.jpg
    773 x 874 - 667K