missing genesis.dsf file

GlycenideGlycenide Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Ok I had this problem before and figure I just reinstall my OS as I had a few other issues I needed to resolve. This issue is still here and I can't figure out what to do.

So after I reinstalled the OS (Win 7 64 bit) and completed all updates and installed my third party AV and FW program. I proceeded to install DAZ as the first program for the fresh build. I used default directories for everything, nothing custom as I usually do. I am not a new user of DAZ (2004 then 2006 is when I got really heavy into it) so I'm familiar with what to do what not to do.
Anyways this is a fresh and I mean fresh install of the OS, nothing has been customized in the folder structure yet. This should be like Daz is installed for the first time (which it is technically).
Yes the Genesis Starter Bundle is installed and in correct location. Everything is default.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is my installer which I keep in a external folder for rebuilds such as this. I have version4.5.1.56 which is the latest and greatest stable correct? (I don't do beta versions) I downloaded this when it first came out as I'm a fanatic about the latest and greatest software and always keep my programs updated.
Could there be an update to this installer that I missed?
I really need this Genesis figure to work as I'm using him/her/it more than ever.

Daz_Gn_error.jpg
864 x 632 - 48K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

How did you install Genesis Starter Essentials, was it by using the EXE installer or the DIM, because they install to two different places?

If you go to Preferences (F2), Content Library > Content Directory Manager, the first folder listed in DAZ Studio formats is where the 'data' folder will be stored. If you are using My Library, and that is where you installed Genesis to, make sure that it is listed. If you used the DIM, make sure that My DAZ 3D Library is listed.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

Why do you have Genesis listed in a Poser runtime, Genesis is pure DS only and should be listed under a DS native directory.

• GlycenideGlycenide Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry I must reiterate this again. This a "fresh" install of the OS and DAZ is the first program that was installed, in default locations (yes DS native directories) How can a Poser runtime exist????? I did nothing to customize this installation.

Again I'm not a new Daz user so yes I looked into (Preferences (F2), Content Library ..............)

I'm not a fan of DIM and probably never will be and never use it (tried it but nah). I install all my products on an external hard drive in a DAZ/Poser master runtime library.

The file locations are what the DAZ installer pointed to so after was installed I entered my SN and BAMM still same problem.

This is somewhat looking like (I'm hoping) my installer could be messed up so I will try a fresh download of Daz and will try again.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Poser Companion Files I guess, in which case the actual core Genesis Starter Essentials is probably not installed.

• GlycenideGlycenide Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This has been solved.

It seem to be my original Genesis Starter Essentials zip file which I think became corrupt. I had two other PC's I built at work and did a install of Daz and unzipped the Genesis zip to both. Same issue so I went ahead and download the install version of the bundle and installed. All is well so thanks for help.