Ongoing issues with CMS

timnaastimnaas Posts: 119
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

OK, I am still having some serious issues with the CMS not working for quite a while. I had tried ALL of the suggestion in the forums and still no go. I have Window7 64bit and the latest Daz4.6 installed.
After some much digging around my computer, I have found a folder in C/programdata/Daz3D/Content Management Service/databases and it is empty!!!I have uninstall DAZ and all related folders in both c/program and programx86 files. Re-installed Daz and still the folder is empty. I am installing it in it default locations too.
So, how do I get it back. Where did the files go. Shouldn't it installed when DAZ claimed it is installing the CMS?
I am running out of ideas now. And it seem to me this is an ongoing issue that a lot of people are having. More so that I think DAZ realize cause I have talk with many users over on DA that have the same issues and just plain giving up on it. Do I need to completely start over with DS4.0 and move forward, or Start with the Latest 4.5 and start from there?
This is just the point I am at now!

Comments

• timnaastimnaas Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

OK, I am still having some serious issues with the CMS not working for quite a while. I had tried ALL of the suggestion in the forums and still no go. I have Window7 64bit and the latest Daz4.6 installed.
    After some much digging around my computer, I have found a folder in C/programdata/Daz3D/Content Management Service/databases and it is empty!!!I have uninstall DAZ and all related folders in both c/program and programx86 files. Re-installed Daz and still the folder is empty. I am installing it in it default locations too.
    So, how do I get it back. Where did the files go. Shouldn’t it installed when DAZ claimed it is installing the CMS?
    I am running out of ideas now. And it seem to me this is an ongoing issue that a lot of people are having. More so that I think DAZ realize cause I have talk with many users over on DA that have the same issues and just plain giving up on it. Do I need to completely start over with DS4.0 and move forward, or Start with the Latest 4.5 and start from there?
    This is just the point I am at now!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I installed to the default location as well, and I have no databse files in Program Data.

My database folder is in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases, have you looked there? When I installed DS4.6, I had a few problems with the CMS, but I deleted my database folders, and reinstated the info from a backup file called UserData_1.dsx which is stored in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Support. You have to save that out yourself using the Content DB > Maintenance option in the Content Library.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2013

Duplicate threads merged. Please don't post duplicate threads on the same topic, it means people trying to help you do not see that you may have already received the same advice in the other thread.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I installed to the default location as well, and I have no databse files in Program Data.

My database folder is in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases, have you looked there? When I installed DS4.6, I had a few problems with the CMS, but I deleted my database folders, and reinstated the info from a backup file called UserData_1.dsx which is stored in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Support. You have to save that out yourself using the Content DB > Maintenance option in the Content Library.

Intersting? There is on UserData_1.dsx in my file as you can see

user_Data.png
    1920 x 1080 - 589K
    edited December 1969

timnaas said:

Intersting? There is on UserData_1.dsx in my file as you can see

Also, there is no file for C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases,

user_Data.png
    1920 x 1080 - 579K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The userdata file is created by you, as I said in my post -

You have to save that out yourself using the Content DB > Maintenance option in the Content Library.

You have to go to the Content Library drop-down menu and select Content DB Maintenance. I have no idea why I have the databases where I have, and you don;t, because I always use the defaults.
    Untitled-1.jpg
    964 x 448 - 263K