What in the World Went Wrong??? Daz3d Pro 4.6

LJWMLJWM Posts: 126
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I installed Daz3d Pro 4.6 and this is now what I get as in "error", (the system can't find these files) when I open it. But the genesis figure does show up after I click on the ok. I have not done anything else to see what's really missing.

data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PBMCostalAngleArched.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PBMNavelSize.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PBMSternumDepth.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMEyelidsTopInHeight.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMFaceRound.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PBMCalvesFlex.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMMouthSize.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMEyeIrisSize.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/FBMFitness.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/SCLNeckLength.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PBMPectoralsDeveloped.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/FBMFitnessDetails.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PBMHipBoneCrest.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMBrowDepth.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PBMGlutesUpperDepth.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMEyesSize.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMLipUpperCurves.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMJawHeight.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMEyesAngle.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMChinDepth.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PBMPectoralsVolume.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMJawSize.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PBMLineaAlbaDepth.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/FBMBodyTone.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMEyelidsTopOutHeight.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMLipUpperSize.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PBMNavelHorizontal.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PBMStomachLowerDepth.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/SCLChestDepth.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PBMAreolaeDepth.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMMouthCurves.dsf

What do I do? Retry to find the Genesis Base Morph files somewhere and download them? HELP, I'm not sure what's wrong. Thanks.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It looks like DS cannot find the Evolution Head and Body morphs.

You installed the latest version of DS4.6, did you download the Genesis Starter Essentials file as well, either using the DIM or by downloading the EXE version?

It looks like the Evolution morphs are perhaps installed into a different data folder which is not listed in the Contnt Directory Manager. Did you change your main DS install folder? If you used DIM to install Genesis, then, by default, it foes into a new folder called My DAZ 3D Library, and not the My Library folder in Documents.

• LJWMLJWM Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

I don't believe I downloaded anything for Genesis. I only remember downloading the 4.6. I will go back and download the Genesis Starter Essentials and see what happens then. Thanks.

edited December 1969

I installed the Genesis Essentials Pack however the error still comes up. I tried the head morphs on the Genesis figure and they seem to work however the error is still there. i'm not sure what I should do about that.

edited December 1969

The Evolution Head and Body morphs are not part of Genesis Essentials, they are a seperately bought item.

If you bought and installed them, they should still be there from your last install. Perhaps you could redownload them, and install them again?

Do you get this error when loading a fresh Genesis figure into a scene?

edited May 2013

I never owned the Evolution Head and Body morphs and I don't know where they could have come from. I don't get the error when I load a figure from the genesis list. Don't know where to get the silver genesis figure again.

I will see if I can find the Evolution Head and Body morphs.

Post edited by LJWM on
    edited May 2013

I think I know what's wrong. I purchased a product called Atlas and I think it requires the Evolution Head and Body morphs to work. So when I start up Daz part of that program is looking for those files. Thank you for the heads up on this. I will purchase and download that program. Hopefully this will work.

ETA: i purchased the Evolution Head and Body morphs and now the error messages are gone. So apparently that's what I needed. Thank you so much.

Post edited by LJWM on
  • gosenagosena Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Guess I have to purchase the Evolution Morphs too. Have opened ticket coz of same error (on Gabi) since my upgrade to 4.6.

edited December 1969

Hi gosena,
    if you purchased Atlas, yes you will need the Evolution head AND body morphs to make it work. Look for the bundle with both of them in it on Daz. It works great for me now. Love the morph. He's going to be on the cover of the novel I'm going to write after I get through with the one I've just started.

edited December 1969

gosena said:
    Guess I have to purchase the Evolution Morphs too. Have opened ticket coz of same error (on Gabi) since my upgrade to 4.6.

The Product Page for Gabi says the following:

Required Products:
    Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs, Victoria 5, Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs

edited December 1969

With Atlas the Read Me page stated "Atlas M4 head is custom made, however you will need M4 morphs++ for his body morph. For Atlas Genesis you will need Genesis Evolution: Body and head morphs..."

I have M4 morphs++ so I didn't even think about this. It was the errors that came up that alerted me that something was wrong. I still had to buy the morphs to make it work. I thought it was DAZ3d 4.6 because I had just installed it right before.

So yes, if you're basically getting the same error, you will need all the required products.

edited December 1969

If you are using the M4 version only, you will only need to have Morphs++. If you are using the Genesis version only, you only need the Evolution Head and Body Morphs.

Obviously, to use both, you need both sets of morphs.

edited May 2013

You are apparently talking to me. Unfortunately, what you just stated obviously doesn't make sense. As you can see from my first message on this thread, the error came up before I could get pass the opening of Daz. The program didn't wait until I picked the morph after applying M4. Therefore, the DAZ Pro 4.6 forced me to buy the Evolution morphs just to stop the consistent error every time I opened Daz.

So what does that mean? How about this. The morph program was looking for the Evolution files and I would have to ignore these error messages every time I opened Daz. Buying Evolution made much more sense.

Post edited by LJWM on
    edited December 1969

I wasn't talking to you directly, I was just posting the information in the hope that it would help anyone else who reads this thread. It was not meant as a criticism of you, simply an explanation of what is required for these two completely seperate figures. If you want to use the character for both figures, then you need both sets of morphs, otherwise, you only need one or the other, that was the 'obvious' part.

The errors you got when you loaded DAZ Studio, would not have prevented anything from working. DS would have loaded, and the reason the errors came up, was because the Genesis figure was being loaded at the time, and ALL Genesis morphs are loaded with the figure.

Therefore, the DAZ Pro 4.6 forced me to buy the Evolution morphs just to stop the consistent error every time I opened Daz.

Nobody forced you to buy anything, and the errors would not have caused any problems at all. Genesis would still have loaded, and would have been usable with all the other morphs and characters that you already have. Most users never look at the log file.

If you feel that you were forced into buying these morphs, then simply send a ticket to Support, asking for a refund, and carry on using the program. I certainly did not force you into buying anything, I was only trying to help you solve a problem, and I am sorry that you feel that way about it.

If you have the M4 figure, and Morphs++, then you can use that to gain access to the character.

edited May 2013

Well, Jimmy you are obviously articulate enough to explain your answer when you could have easily done that the first time.

As for my statement you quoted obviously you didn't understand the complete statement.

The errors completely stopped the upload of the Daz program. If it was just the log, I wouldn't have noticed a problem. I HAD TO BUY Evolution to stop Daz from interrupting the start up. The log had nothing to do with it but I'm done. Take care.

Post edited by LJWM on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,367
    edited May 2013

I would put a bug report in about this - not having a morph package and having a character that requires it should not cause errors on start up and should not freeze up Daz Studio preventing it from opening.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I would put a bug report in about this - not having a morph package and having a character that requires it should not cause errors on start up not should it freeze Daz Studio preventing it from opening.
    That is SOO Correct. It should load and even let you use the Morph but it will not look 100% because the extra needed files were not loaded.