Hexagon 2.5 crash on startup

MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I haven't used hex in over a month, now it crashes on startup. So far I have very little info and no clue where to start looking for issues.
I've uninstalled Hex, reinstalled and got the same message. updated my ati drivers, uninstalled Hex, reinstalled and still get the CTD on startup. I get as far as the small splash window.

Daz 4.6 and Cararra 8.5 work fine, as does Poser Pro 2012, and Vue (which is finicky on my system).

System Specs:

Processor Amd Phenom II X6 1100T 3.31ghz
Ram 16Gb
Display Adapter: AMD Radeon HD 6950

Here's the event error log;

Faulting application name: Hexagon.exe, version: 2.5.1.79, time stamp: 0x4e4b1eb9
Faulting module name: atioglxx.dll, version: 6.14.10.12217, time stamp: 0x5154f2e1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0008267a
Faulting process id: 0x1ab0
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce53ffee043180
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Hexagon2\Hexagon.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atioglxx.dll
Report Id: 35719539-bff3-11e2-bc31-bcaec54f309f

Comments

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited May 2013

Definitely looks like the atioglxx.dll open gl driver is the culprit, when I have had similar problems with other software, sketchup to name one, after installing "updated graphics card drivers" I have sometimes had to drop back to a version that worked in the first place, trouble is, making certain that all the stuff has been properly un-installed first, although I think the catylist drivers have that option.
    It might pay to contact AMD, I have had feedback quite quickly in the past. It might be that you will have to set Hexagon to boot with certain settings in the catylist control centre.
    Thing is if it was working before the update then it should, by rights have worked as normal after only a month or so as long as there were no updates in between, some computers are set to do automatic updates,

Edit : have a look at this

[Solved] Hexagon is not loading anymore

Post edited by TapiocaTundra on
  • MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited May 2013

Hex had actually quit working before I updated. I was hoping an update might fix any issues i might be having with drivers. If it was an update that caused the issue, it was one that snuck in without my noticing. I just checked the creation date of the last Daz scene that I used the Hex bridge with, it's from Feb 20th. So whatever issues I'm having are from after that date. :-/

Maybe ati can shed some light on this.
    EDIT: Reading your link now, thanks! That's the same issue I'm having.

Post edited by Madbat on
  • MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Thanks a heap for that link! All I had to do was un-check triple buffering.:blank:
    Hex is up and running again.:-)

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Great, glad to help.