Fantasy Hovel- Dark windows-RESOLVED

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,605

I bought fantasy hovel: http://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-hovel

I am using Daz 4.6

It has 2 windows outside of which I wanted to put a simple forest backdrop. It looks okay in preview mode, but when I render it there are two dark gray windows and it doesn't show the backdrop.

Is there a way to get this backdrop to show outside? This is how it renders out of the box, I haven't changed anything.

window.jpg
571 x 571 - 250K
Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,367
    edited December 1969

Are you using any lights?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,059
    edited December 1969

I have not got this one but many interiors have an inbuilt backdrop behind windows which masks out backgrounds, checking surfaces on the outside might find it.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yep, as Wendy says check all the layers on the windows. It might need a tweak to get them empty.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Does the backdrop work without the building present? I loaded it (the Advanced scene file, for what that's worth) and the windows are transparent when rendered.

FHwindows.JPG
    537 x 462 - 38K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,605
    edited December 1969

I It is weird, it does work with a character outside like Richard renders. but it won't show any backdrop I put outside the window. I just wanted to put a forest scene out there without having to import real trees and that sort of thing.

I can hide the window and the backdrop will display fine, so its not the backdrop. There is some setting with the window pane which I can't figure out. I tried making the window more opaque, but it still doesn't show.

I've tried different lights too.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

The glass has refraction, and I don't think that will pick up backdrops (though it should pick up an image on a plane. Either attach the image to geometry, or turn the refraction strength down to zero.

edited December 1969

The glass has refraction, and I don't think that will pick up backdrops (though it should pick up an image on a plane. Either attach the image to geometry, or turn the refraction strength down to zero.

Thanks Richard. I'll try that tonight!

edited December 1969

As usual Richard was correct. The refraction was the culprit. Turning this off allowed for the display of backdrops. Thanks again.