troubles with installation of some items

lennox.onelennox.one Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi all,
Since times, I have troubles with some of the items I bought in the Daz Store.
The items with a DSON core and those with a folder in trx are always ok.
But I experience some troubles with those in dpc.
I am not an expert but I think that somewhere something is wrong in my library, especially in the Poser library.
Sometime I can see the icons and they don't work, sometime I can find a part of the product through the search tool of the content library.
But it seems that a part of the product is missing.
I send a ticket on the help desk but I have few real answers.
...I know that content must be installed in the right place with the right path. But what is the right place and what is the right path?
I always used the "by default" installation, I tried the DIM but it seems to have something wrong.
I had send to the help desk screenshots of my content manager and of the setting of the DIM, but I have no answer since one week.
I had seen that I have 3 different locations for the libraries (Daz and Poser).
I don't know why and I don't know if it's normal.
(I had always seen two libraries and one "my Daz library" in the content library for Daz and Poser.
It's normal or something was wrong when I installed Daz?

Comments

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited May 2013

can you post some screenshots of what you are seeing in DS "Content directory manager" with Daz studio Formats expanded and poser formats expanded.

do you have the same showing in both like the highlighted items in the image attached (ignore others I run multiple runtimes)

Edit: yours will more likely be in a different location then mine but that does not matter as lone as DS sees them.

content-manager.jpg
    488 x 521 - 135K
    Post edited by NeilV_1 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

The default location for DIM is different, but you can change that in DIM, or you can add it to the locations DS and Poser look at.

The important thing with install locations is that the Data and Runtime folders must be directly beneath the content folder -- if there's an extra "Content" folder underneath the "My Library" folder it won't work.

• lennox.onelennox.one Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I take a screenshot of the content directory manager.

content_directory_manager.png
    779 x 552 - 75K
    content_directory_manager.png
    779 x 552 - 75K
    edited December 1969

even two screenshots. ^^

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,870
    edited December 1969

What do you mean by session username? Are you running on a dynamic user system?
    If you do that then you should not install any content into a directory that is changing or not the same, but keep everything in a location that wont change.

It would be of great help if you did not hide the user part of the path as it is vital to solving this problem.

edited December 1969

It's only that I have tow sessions for log in in the computer. All my stuffs (not only for Daz) are in the same session, and if I hide the name it's only because it's my real name. It's not a "client-server" system, only a mac with two sessions for two different users (even if the other user prefer watching tv or playing on her iPad).

edited December 1969

I just take a look in the application support following the path you can see in my content directory manager, it's only this file in text: "dzInstall.ini".
    No folders or library here.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,870
    edited December 1969

It's only that I have tow sessions for log in in the computer. All my stuffs (not only for Daz) are in the same session, and if I hide the name it's only because it's my real name. It's not a "client-server" system, only a mac with two sessions for two different users (even if the other user prefer watching tv or playing on her iPad).

OK, you have two user accounts where the content is installed, that explains a whole lot. If you have several users, I would recommend placing the Content directory in the /Users/Shared/ directory which is the one to use for data accessible for multiple users.