How to save a shader preset

reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I apologize for the redundancy, but after I modify a shader, how do I save the settings using the SAVE AS menu option?I selected the character in the Scene, chose the master surface for that character in the Surface menu, but when I try to save I get an error that an object having geometry must be selected as well as at least one surface on that object.
I want to save the shader preset for the skin of a character.

Thanks

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I just tried this.

You have to only select ONE surface of the object, or you will get an error. I did that (eventually), and it saved OK, and I was able to apply it to a Sphere.

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I did as you said and it worked.

• evilkooladeevilkoolade Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

I just tried this.

You have to only select ONE surface of the object, or you will get an error. I did that (eventually), and it saved OK, and I was able to apply it to a Sphere.

how do you select a surface

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I just tried this.

how do you select a surface

By going to the Surfaces pane and selecting it by name, or using the Surface Selection tool from the toolbar (Alt+Shift+M), and clicking on the surface that you want.