What installers do I need?

edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Sorry, must be having a stupid moment. I am confused about which files I need to download for DS 4.5 om Mac. Clearly not the .exe, but what of the others do I need out of:
Reflections Victorian Bedroom
Download 4.93 MB
Reflections Victorian Bedroom StudioCF
Download 7.18 MB
12849_2_ds_ReflectionsVictorianBedroom_2.exe
Download 15.63 MB
12849_2_ds_ReflectionsVictorianBedroom_2.zip
Download 24.40 MB
12849_3_dpc_ReflectionsVictorianBedroom_3.exe
Download 32.89 MB
12849_3_dpc_ReflectionsVictorianBedroom_3.zip

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You haven't given the extension for the first few files?

For Mac, you would use the ZIP files, they are the same for both Win and Mac. There are files marked DIM, which the DAZ Install Manager uses. Using the DIM is a good idea, and makes downloading much easier. It is hasssle free, and you can set a filter for the products you want. The DIM will not show you Poser files if you only want DS versions.

DIM will also inform you of updates immedialtely, and they can be downloaded and installed into your library very quickly.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited May 2013

You haven't given the extension for the first few files?

These must be the DIM zip files — I think it's been brought up a couple of times since the DIM system was introduced, but the DIM files have never had the .zip extension appear on the Product Library page.

I think this is the cause of many of the confused queries we see insisting "they're not zip files, they're DIM files: why are the zip files not there?" — do we even know if the ".zip" is supposed to be visible?

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

Um... Good Point, but DIM left .zip off so Mac users that get the zip version (it has a Mac installer in it) would get the Installer version. It Should be pointed out the DIM version is a ZIP that is platform wide for all OS's.

Listed Zip's are Mac Install versions like the Exe's.

Post edited by Jaderail on