Wisteria Pool House water not like promo shots

GatorGator Posts: 1,294
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I just purchased the Wisteria Pool House and did a render with it. In my render, the water looks nothing like the promo. In the promo shot, it is blue with what looks like light reflections in it. Mine looks like a simple mirror. In the preview, it looks like a plain black surface. I loaded up the pool house, and applied the "Pool MAT Water" under pose.

In the preview, it looks like a black floor. Now the weird part - if I scale X, at about 125% I can start to see the water like in the promo shot. Scaled up to 400% and I can see enough to see the bottom of the pool. (Part water, part black surface). I don't see the pool surface as any selectable part, so I'm at a loss how to fix it.

Using Poser Pro 2012 SR 3.1 on Windows 7 64 bit. Thanks.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Do you have displacement enabled? I don't have the set, but I would suspect that the ripples may be created with displacement.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,294
    edited December 1969

I have the displacement enabled when I render. But I did a quick render with the room's X plane scaled to 400%, I get partial water like the preview.

PoolHouseWater.jpg
    600 x 338 - 66K
  • GatorGator Posts: 1,294
    edited May 2013

I found out what it was - it was the ground. I had to hide it, then I can see the water like I should.

Dunno why, but it didn't come with any instructions.

Post edited by Gator on