Using Lisa's Botanicals with Bryce?

DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Anyone used Pond Life or the Palms with Bryce? I could really use the settings for transparency. Even loading them in Poser and exporting the obj that way doesn't work well.

Help?

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited December 1969

Materials in Bryce are different than in Studio or Poser. Most of the time, some adjustments are needed. You can bring your LB over the Bridge from Studio to Bryce or export as OBP from Studio (no need to go via Poser) and import into Bryce. LBs have picture textures with alpha-masks applied. Make sure you have the transparent parts set to transparent.

I brought the Zinnian from Lisa to Bryce. Make sure Transparency is set for the texture. Additionally - and often forgotten - Blend Transparency must be enabled. You'll have to check all meshes, not only the group.

bt.jpg
    637 x 578 - 72K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have had some problems with some of the models. I use an older version of poser to prep before exporting an obj to import into Bryce. I find that those who don't show quite right in poser unless the command "Normals Forward" is ticked in the advanced mat room in Poser are the one that I tend to have problems with in Bryce.

Not quite sure if this has anything to do with it.

• DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Materials in Bryce are different than in Studio or Poser. Most of the time, some adjustments are needed. You can bring your LB over the Bridge from Studio to Bryce or export as OBP from Studio (no need to go via Poser) and import into Bryce. LBs have picture textures with alpha-masks applied. Make sure you have the transparent parts set to transparent.

I brought the Zinnian from Lisa to Bryce. Make sure Transparency is set for the texture. Additionally - and often forgotten - Blend Transparency must be enabled. You'll have to check all meshes, not only the group.

I don't use DS, so export is mandatory for me. BUT, thank you - setting Blend Transparency,,, using Bryce since Bryce 3D and I forgot. Worked, thank you!

• DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I have had some problems with some of the models. I use an older version of poser to prep before exporting an obj to import into Bryce. I find that those who don't show quite right in poser unless the command "Normals Forward" is ticked in the advanced mat room in Poser are the one that I tend to have problems with in Bryce.

Not quite sure if this has anything to do with it.

In this case, Blend Transparency worked. I've had some OBJ's need displacement disabled in Poser 7 to work. I'm off to d/l the SciFi blades and this months PC freebie, both of which seem pretty sweet.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I just tried importing one of the water lilies via the bridge, and I'm getting a line around the edge of the rectangle that is the underlying shape (the leaf shape is due to the transparency.) It's not obvious, and it's nearly invisible against some background colors, but quite obvious against others.
    I've attached a screenshot of the (edited) water lily leaf (I changed the material and squished it flat too.)
    Am I missing a step somewhere?

screenshot,_edge_around_water_lily.jpg
    702 x 894 - 201K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited December 1969

Have you tried to disable Picture Interpolation? That option can make frames around an image.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Have you tried to disable Picture Interpolation? That option can make frames around an image.

I tried your suggestion, but alas, no change.