Luxrender has stopped working

Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

As indicated in another post, I have been away from the computer for quite a while, but upon my return, I installed the newest version of Daz Studio (4.6.0.18 - Win 8 64-bit). I just tried to run a Luxus/Lux render, and I get the message that Luxrender has stopped working and needs to close. I uninstalled luxrender and reinstalled (v. 1.2.1), made sure my path was correct in D|S Render Settings and tried it again with the same result. I am just trying to render the very first and basic Luxus scene with a sphere as described in the Luxus readme file. The setup couldn't be any simpler. I also made sure the Luxus.dll file shows up in my Studio 4 plugin folder.

Does anyone have an idea what I might have done wrong?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

Did you point the new install to LUX? Or did your paths default to the same as before?
    Opps I see you did. If you open Help>About Installed plugins does it show as Registered?

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, after looking for help I think your best bet will be this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21492/ the programmer should still be watching the thread and be able to give you the support you need.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Are you using the Lux GUI from Luxus, or letting it remain hidden? If with GUI, can you switch to the Log tab before LuxRender crashes? If so, what does it say?

Are you using GPU acceleration? If so, try disabling that. If you manually start LuxRender with no scene, does it crash or does the GUI come up? If the GUI comes up, and you then select Load LXS, does it crash the same way when you point it at the scene file Luxus wrote?

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Are you using the Lux GUI from Luxus, or letting it remain hidden? If with GUI, can you switch to the Log tab before LuxRender crashes? If so, what does it say?

Are you using GPU acceleration? If so, try disabling that. If you manually start LuxRender with no scene, does it crash or does the GUI come up? If the GUI comes up, and you then select Load LXS, does it crash the same way when you point it at the scene file Luxus wrote?

I am using the Lux GUI from Luxus, but I can't switch to the Log tab because LuxRender crashes immediately.

How would I know if I am using GPU acceleration? I.E. Where would I check for that?

If I manually start LuxRender and load any lxs file (including the lux test file luxtime.lxs) created in an earlier version of Daz Studio, everything appears to be OK.

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Okay, after looking for help I think your best bet will be this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21492/ the programmer should still be watching the thread and be able to give you the support you need.

Thanks for the link, Jaderail. If nothing else helps, I'll try that thread. And yes - I did check and Luxus is registered.