3DXchange5 Training Video .exe install file not opening in Windows 8 64 bit.

JoelLovellJoelLovell Posts: 112
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Opened up a support ticket. I ordered the tutorial videos for iClone. The .exe file for iClone tutorial worked fine, however the other one, for 3dXchange, would not open in my windows system, no matter which compatibility settings I would pick, i.e. under properties for the .exe file. (Nor did trying to run as administrator make a difference). The file would appear to launch, but then nothing would happen.

"install script setup launcher (32 bit)" appears briefly in the task manager but then disappears without performing any task that I can see.

Anyone else?

Comments

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

My security program (Norton Constant Guard) will often block Daz exe installers and even blocked the new version of Daz Studio itself... I guess because they were very new. They end up on a blocked program list which I had to find and unblock each one. The symptom is similar to what you describe... they start up and then disappear.

Of course you might try to redownload (or use a zip if they have it). I have Windows 7 64 bit.

• JoelLovellJoelLovell Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

I appreciate the tip, but disabling the anti-virus, and in fact, rebooting into safe-mode with no other processes running, did not make a difference.