Morph INJ/REM Application Issue

Hi. I have never run into this issue before, and I am at a complete loss on what to do to fix it. I have been using IPB for several years now to generate INJ and REM poses for character morphs. This one for some reason isn't working correctly. I have generated morph poses for a character that are for Morphs++ only, and another set of INJs for the Elite/H4 morphs. But when I went to test them, I am running into an issue where the morphs only work on the first application.

1. Apply Elite/H4 INJ file. Works fine.
2. Apply Elite/H4 REM file. Works fine.
3. Apply Morphs++ only file. Does not work- only partially sets the morphs.
4. Apply Morphs++ only REM file. Works fine.

This happens in the reverse as well. It also happens with partial morph files, such as body-only or head-only. It happens on stock M4 figure (no morphs preloaded). It happens in an M4 with the morphs already preloaded. It happens in Poser Pro 2010, and Poser 9. It happens in Daz Studio 4. I have tried several times to simply generate new morph INJ/REM files and save them with different names, and it still happens. I'm at a total loss.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong, or what I need to fix? As it stands right now, the end user would have to delete their M4 every time they want to switch between the Morphs++ and Elite/H4 versions of the character's morphs.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Do your INJ poses inject the morph packs, or do they just set the values so you need to inject the morph packs first?

• edited December 1969

I believe they inject the morph packs, as they inject just fine to a stock M4 that does not already have the morphs loaded into him. None of my previous morph files have had this issue, and I am not doing anything differently on this one, which is why I'm so confused. I'm using IPB to generate the INJ/REM files just like I always have.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Im noticing in 4.6 (64bit WIN 7) that gen 4 characters I save in a scene there are several missing morphs form the Morph++ set when I reload that scene. When I remove the whole set using the REM injections and re-inject them I can expect an unresponsive session (crash) or a reload of some of the missing injections, in other words; the whole set does not appear to have loaded, just a handful. Other times I load the same file back and get a different group of missing morphs.
    I have re-downloaded the ++ set and reinitialized V4 to see if I could get it to stop but at this point I'm still seeing it, I don't know if it's related.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited May 2013

I should chime in here as I've experienced something similar recently with some K4 morphs. Oddly enough, I can apply the morphs to genesis via GenX but for some reason it won't actually apply them to K4. The pack was from a figure called Lilly sold in the Daz store, but I downloaded it via the DIM twice. The first was installed to the default DIM location, but then I uninstalled it and reinstalled it after setting the correct content folder.

Why the DIM doesn't pull your default content folder out of the registry I'll never understand. It does it for installers after all...

Anyway, suffice to say I've had the same issue. It's built on the Kids++ pack and other morphs work fine, so I can safely assume it's not the morphs which are the problem. I'm wondering if there's some issue with Daz finding the correct files to properly insert the morph. If this is the case for me, perhaps it's a similar problem for Seliah. Just a thought, and perhaps one avenue worth pursuing?

Post edited by Herald of Fire on