"One or more files is not correctly set"

I'm trying to upload a Daz file that I got from a website, so I can convert it to a Poser scene I can use in Poser 8, but despite following the instructions, whenever I try loading it, it tells me that it can't find the files for it, and I need to make sure the content directories are set in the Content Library>Options Menu>Content Directory Manager. Just where in the heck is this, and how do I load the files in there?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,920
    edited December 1969

Right click on the tab that says Content Library and select Content Directory Manager in there you will want to add your runtime to DS and Poser format

• edited May 2013

It's still giving me the error. I have no idea what's going on. Here's the file I'm trying to get loaded; it only has the obj files for the geometries and the scene files, so I dunno if that's the issue or not; it was apparently made when Daz 1.0 came out. http://www.krown-products.net/virtual/Downloads/KPL-Thruster.zip

Post edited by synjodeonecros_713fac22a6 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

You want the folder that holds the Runtime folder from the zip (or conversely you want the Runtime from the zip to be merged with the Runtime in the content directory you want to use). Any other files and folders that site beside the Runtime in the zip (a People folder or a Data folder) should also be in, and if need be merge with any pre-existing folders, in the content directory. Often zips have an extra folder holding the Runtime etc. folders, and you don't want that.

• edited December 1969

It doesn't work. I tried that, but it doesn't work, the error message just keeps popping up. I dunno what's going on, except that the file's just too old and tailored for a far earlier version of Daz Studio than the one I have. If anyone wants to give this a shot, the link to it is in my last post.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

The daz scenefile seems to reference files not included in the zip, so that won't load.
    You can import the obj's manually (file -> import).

• edited December 1969

Ah. probably because it was made when Daz 1.0 was out. Ah, well, there is that with the obj files. Thanks, anyway.