The Briefing (-Meeting-Class) Room.... Now Available!

2»

Comments

• SGCBearcubSGCBearcub Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    chohole said:
    This does look interesting, even though you are not intending to offer a nice Welsh flag option with our lovely red dragon on it. :)

If the flag is textured with a separate bump map, we can do our own images.

(Now I'm considering a 14-flag add-on pack for Canada, if putting the image on the flag looks at all good...)

I'd buy it:)

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,105
    edited December 1969

Hello all!
    I'm gonna leave for 10 to 14 days to a place where, I'm almost sure, I won't be able to be online at all - no internet connection.
    So if you have any questions, remarks, feedback, I'll answer them as soon as I'll be back. In the meantime, I post here the template of the flag (which corresponds to the flag sub-material of all the three flags of the room). and very fast developed welsh flag, my special one for Chohole! - the quality is not perfect, but shoud be ok for most renders. I had to reduce their size at 2000x2000 for the forum to take them. The Canadian one is also ready, but I'm telling to myself that it would not be fair to post it if Robkelk feels like making a Canadian Texture Bundle, so I prefer waiting for him to tell me what he feels like doing.

In order to use the welsh texture :
    - select the flag, go to material editor and replace the image "americanFlag.jpg" of the diffuse pattern by this welsh flag image.

If any of the briefing room users have renders and comments concerning the briefing room, please post here, and I'll answer as soon as I'm back.
    One more things I wanted to mention before I leave, in order to make the room more comfortable to use : I used fake irradiance maps to increase realism of the room by simulating natural irradiance variations in a room. To be brief, they consist in planes in front of the walls which will locally reduce the amount of light. The consequence is that when you select your area in the scene with the mouse, the object with the irradiance map is selected first, and not its parent wall. This may be annoying whenever you want to "move the walls", since you have to select the parent via the scene editor. This is very easy to solve - for daz users at least : you select you irradiance (named SouthWIrr, NorthWIrr, WestWIrr for instance) and in your scene editor, you click on the little arrow between the eye and the name of this object. This will make it not selectable. Then as soon you click on the wall of a given area, this will select automatically the parent, so the wall (or floor).

Well have a nice week everybody! I should be back in 10/14 days! I hope you'll like playing inside the briefing room!

WelshFlag2000.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    TemplateFlagsMatFlag2000.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 202K