DIM not installing certain files.

larrygilmanlarrygilman Posts: 100
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi All, hopefully I have a simple problem.
DIM is not installing certain files. This is the error message:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Carrara Hair Caps" requires that the installed path for "Carrara 8.5;8;7.2" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

I am unable to find any such place in DAZ or DIM. I have set the path values to ...Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/...
The files that won't install are for Carrara, Decimator, Digital Painters, doarts Celestial Dimensions, DSON, GoZ, Howies Snow, Luxus, M4/M4 High Res Shaders, all Rons stuff (Cyborg, Smoke, etc), Tourbillion and Volcanoes for Bryce and Carrata.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, please????

Thanks in Advance
Larry

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited June 2013

You need to define a path to your Carrara folder in DIM.

1. Click on the Gear icon on the upper right corner
    2. Click on the Applications tab and then the + button on the lower left corner
    3. Select the appropriate software, version, bit and path and click Accept.
    4. Try installing the Carrara product again.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • larrygilmanlarrygilman Posts: 100
    edited June 2013

That worked great for Carrara. I have three more that I can't seem to find a home for, Bryce, Plugins, Decimator. Most likely Hexagon will give me a problem, once I get it installed. One path did not work for all. Do they have their own location?? I did not run into this problem with 4.5 or the previous DIM.

Thanks again for your time.

Post edited by larrygilman on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Sadsaytr said:
    That worked great for Carrara. I have three more that I can't seem to find a home for, Bryce, Plugins, Decimator. Most likely Hexagon will give me a problem, once I get it installed. One path did not work for all. Do they have their own location?? I did not run into this problem with 4.5 or the previous DIM.

Thanks again for your time.

The previous DIM only installed DS/Poser content, which can be installed to any location. The new version installs items which are more complicated. For Bryce, you need to specify where you have Bryce installed so that DIM can install the Bryce content. For Decimator, you need to have the path to DAZ Studio specified. Hexagon won't be a problem -- it'll just install wherever 32-bit programs normally get installed (you can change that in DIM settings as well, but the default location for your OS will already be there).