specify a graphics card?

Ain3DAin3D Posts: 30
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I just lucked into a Quadro 410 for free, and I'm hoping it'll provide a boost in performance from the card I currently use. But I'd still like to use my current card for everything else. Is there a way to force DAZ to use the new card instead of the default, either within the program or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2013

Just making sure that you know the card is only for the viewport and has zero impact on rendering. CPU/RAM take care of rendering. I believe some of the 3rd party renderers utilize the graphics card, though.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Just making sure that you know the card is only for the viewport and has zero impact on rendering. CPU/RAM take care of rendering. I believe some of the 3rd party renderers utilize the graphics card, though.
    Lux can up to a point using OpenCL but Octane uses Cuda nicely. otherwise the GC plays no part in rendering using 3Delight.
  • Ain3DAin3D Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Vaskania said:
    Lux can up to a point using OpenCL but Octane uses Cuda nicely. otherwise the GC plays no part in rendering using 3Delight.

Dang, I was afraid of that. There's not a Mac version of Octane for me to use. :( I don't suppose there's a third party plugin that uses CUDA and is Mac-compatible?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sorry Ain3D that I don't know. Not too clued up on Macs.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Yea. Octane itself has a Mac renderer; however the DS plugin does not. If Octane reads RiB files though you could set DS to render to RiB and open that up in Octane standalone.