PABFuzzie, the revival

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hiya,

Worked today on my old project PAB Fuzzie. Cute little critter. Finally got him the right size and achieved that by going into ZBrush and using the scale and move tools to reduce his body size. Then worked on an updated body morph for him, actually redid allot of work on the form. After that struggled a bit with getting his rigging done and forgot how to ERC Freeze. Big thanks go out to Richard H. for his assistance with that. I was having an issue with the mouth opening morph but got that fixed by simply opening up lower jaw all the way with the mouth and saving that out as part of an update to the morph. Not the most elegant way and I'm sure not the correct way but hey, I'm trying here! I'll have to fix quite a few of the expressions to work with the little guy actually but they will be fairly easy fixes. I hope!

So the main reason why I'm posting here in Nuts and Bolts is that there is a really bad issue with the weight mapping. When posing him there are some joints that are a mess. I followed Richard's instructions on how to ERC Freeze things and even restarted the program but still had issue with bending. So looked into the weight mapping and sure enough there are many areas that just don't work right but when I fix them things do work right but saving it out.... not working. Not sure how other merchants are getting around these sorts of issue with all the restrictions to changing Genesis but the default weight map simply doesn't work with a little guy like this.

When I posed his Collars up the shoulder sunk into the body when dialed to go UP and on the Down the lats shoot out of the body a bit and look really bad. So did some fixes to the weight mapping and was hoping that perhaps that things would save as part of the morph but to no avail.

Can anyone help with figuring this out or this just to much of a mess to try to bother with?

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

As far as I know you shouldn't change weightmapping???
    Maybe this helps:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14512/P15/#210919

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

There's no way to link changes in weights to a morph, unfortunately. It may be that manually adjusting the joint centres, beyond the automatic adjustment, will help.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

Sent you a PM Richard! Thanks! Actually if you want you can delete this thread! It's no longer going to be used.

Gracias! :-)