Content suddenly missing from DS4 interface there then POOF! - Solution identified

ChushaChusha Posts: 39

I was in the process of creating a scene and went to go hunt through my Poses in DAZ Studio 4.6. Occasionally I'll get a brief lag when swapping panes, but this time I selected the Pose pane, and found the DS4 content interface empty. I could still see all my DS3 content, however the Products and Categories have mysteriously lost any listed content.

I had thought like DS3 there would be a brief auto update lag as I swapped to the Categories, but after waiting 5 minutes the content failed to show up. Even after a system reboot the content still fails to show up in the Products and Categories areas of the interface on every pane.

Any insights on this?

I am using
DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.0.18 64-bit

Found solution!

Windows 7 suddenly stopped the content manager service. All I had to do is go to Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D >DAZ Content Manager Service > Start DAZ Content Manager Service.

Now Products and Categories has been re-populated with all the content that suddenly vanished.

Post edited by Chusha on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The CMS is responsible for populating the Smart Content pane, as well as Products and Categories (the search function as well)

You will alwaays find your content in the Content Library pane, even if CMS is not running, but if there is nothing in Smart Content, you are right, it is a good idea to check that the CMS is running, and if not, restart it.