considering upgrading to Cararra

Ain3DAin3D Posts: 30
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm considering upgrading from DAZ Studio to Cararra, largely because I've seen better results from the rendering engine there. But would it be possible to do most of my work in DAZ Studio and then simply render it in Cararra? Is there anything I should know about Cararra when switching from DAZ?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

Hopefully someone else can give you insight but I can tell you that you can set up figures and scenes using Daz Studio and then bring them into Carrara. It is actually very easy to do. Your DS library will actually show up in Carrara. I am pretty sure you can even pose your figures right in Carrara too.

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

like most different engines lights and shaders don't carry over, surface setting will need to be re-set up in Carrara. when I have brought stuff over form DS I have tended to do it in small amounts and then merge in Carrara.

But as you will have access to all your content in Carrara you may want to get used to posing and setting up in there ittakes a little bit of getting used to but its not that much different.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,614
    edited June 2013

Ain

I used to set everything up in Daz, but it stopped working for me.
    Now, I just set everything up in Carrara.
    It takes a little getting used to, but once you get rolling, you'll never look back.

It's been a long time since I even opened DazStudio up to do anything more than set up some aniBlocks or install items in the D|S runtime.

Come on over to Carrara. We're happy to have you.

Post edited by tsarist on
  • mxstyliemxstylie Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

I use LuxRender for most of my renders (unless I'm doing toon stuff) and always get great results. I was using Maya and even Blender for some of my my renders but it was way too much work to export everything from Daz. With LuxRender you just need to learn how to set up the lighting and materials and that's about it. I have considered Carrara also but you might want to check out Luxus and LuxRender. I love it. Just my two cents.