Parenting problems in DAZ 4.6 - Solved

HeraHera Posts: 1,955

Hi!

Ever since upgrading to 4.6 I cannot parent things together the way I used to anymore. Because every atempt at doing so change the values of the object I parent to another. Say I want to parent a tool or just a primitive to a genesis character. (I often use spheres & toruses for ear rings for instance) Upon doing so the object I parent looses its values and I have to start repose and rezise them.

What I wish for is that the 'child' object should keep its settings even after parenting to another, so that I may work with them together (like moving, rotating, rezising), the way it worked in earlier versions of DAZ.

How do I make this happen?

Is there a setting which may have been altered?

Post edited by Hera on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

It sounds as if Parent in Place has been turned off - if you use the Change Parent dialogue it's a check box at the bottom, if you drag-and-drop in the scene pane it's an option in the pane's menu (click the menu button in the top corner or right-click the tab to open the menu).

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

That was it!!

Thanks a lot, Richard! You're always so helpful, you should recieve a medal!

edited December 1969

Thank you - though I was angling for an all-expenses-paid trip to somewhere not too hot.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Reads post... puts away free ticket to sahara.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited June 2013

Here you go! A short trip to a place not too hot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwSQhXR_1IU

Post edited by Hera on
    edited December 1969

Thanks.