Ultimate Iray Skin Manager [Commercial]

124»

Comments

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,105

yes Thank you heart

• Chou-VertChou-Vert Posts: 122

Thank you so much, I'll be looking forward to your new poducts. Excellent!

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Hello V3Digitimes -

Will Map Manager also be updated? smiley

You're right, in Map Manager, there is a figure to figure maps copy in it. I don't know how to handle that, I'll have a look how I scripted this to see if it is possible to update it as it is, or not. I hope it is but new surface names are introduced in Genesis 8.1 and this might be really annoying. Or maybe the solution is a new additional script dedicated to 8.1 only, this could be possible. It would be easier than trying to include it in the main figure to figure copy script. I will tell you as soon as I know more. For now I am updating other products first (not all related to 8.1). But I'll also have a look at this one. Between all the updates and the new projects, I cannot tell any schedule, the only thing I can say is that I just included it in my list.

edited January 2021

I appreciate the transparency. Your products are just so useful it's actually painful to work with Daz without them, LOL.

Post edited by Leonides02 on

Thanks so much! Im going back to the updates dev right now :)

I successfully developed the update so that Ultimate Iray Skin Manager supports Genesis 8.1 figures (and their "body" anatomical elements). I remind you here that it is limited to Iray Uber Base (and wet and tanned skins for Genesis 8) as the main shader (meaning that it will work fine when for instance you apply all your Genesis 8 materials on Genesis 8.1, or if you use a Genesis 8.1 figure with any Iray Uber Base or Wet and Tanned Skins Shader).

The update will be submitted today or tomorrow, I will let you know when it it live.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

OK, but just so I understand, that means that it will not work with the new 4.15 PBR shader: is that correct?

inquire said:

OK, but just so I understand, that means that it will not work with the new 4.15 PBR shader: is that correct?

Correct. V3D is developing a new product for the new shader.

edited February 2021

Exact, I tried during two days to modify the initial interface, developped for Iray Uber, so that it is also compatible with PBR skins, but there is a too big difference between the two (plenty of stacking "ifs", windows to hide which were displayed as empty spaces in the interface, etc etc).. so I decided to stop when each time I was trying to solve something a new issue appeared. It is not a safe way to work. It's better to create something brand new dedicated to PBR skins, which will also cover all generations possible.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

OK. Good to know. I was just wondering. Thank you for your kind responses.

• Jack238Jack238 Posts: 117
    edited February 2021

V3Digitimes said:

Exact, I tried during two days to modify the initial interface, developped for Iray Uber, so that it is also compatible with PBR skins, but there is a too big difference between the two (plenty of stacking "ifs", windows to hide which were displayed as empty spaces in the interface, etc etc).. so I decided to stop when each time I was trying to solve something a new issue appeared. It is not a safe way to work. It's better to create something brand new dedicated to PBR skins, which will also cover all generations possible.

Thanks, I can understand that from my days of programming and analysis.  Now I need to get a new mouse as this one likes to double click when I single click! 

Post edited by Jack238 on
    edited March 2021

---> The update allowing to use "Ultimate Iray Skin Manager" on Genesis 8.1 figures using Iray Uber as their shader (such as when you apply a Genesis 8 Iray Uber material on it for instance) is now live for a few days.

---> For the ones who wanted an equivalent tool for PBR Skins, this was developped, submitted, and tested by Daz. So far, so good. It is called "Ultimate PBRSkin Manager", is also compatible with any generation of figure from Genesis (and victoria 4) to Genesis 8.1 and there will be within the next few days a specific thread concerning Ultimate PBRSkin Manager, in order not to mix everything.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on

V3Digitimes said:

---> The update allowing to use "Ultimate Iray Skin Manager" on Genesis 8.1 figures using Iray Uber as their shader (such as when you apply a Genesis 8 Iray Uber material on it for instance) is now live for a few days.

---> For the ones who wanted an equivalent tool for PBR Skins, this was developped, submitted, and tested by Daz. So far, so good. It is called "Ultimate PBRSkin Manager", is also compatible with any generation of figure from Genesis (and victoria 4) to Genesis 8.1 and there will be within the next few days a specific thread concerning Ultimate PBRSkin Manager, in order not to mix everything.

Will be an instabuy!

Thanks Leonides02!

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Looking forward to the PooBeR Shader skin manager.  I'm kind of lost with it and haven't gone near it yet.  You're my hope!

#nopressure

Lol, I understand you (you meant poor beer skin manager?), I must recognised that this new shader is not has easy to tame as Iray Uber. Personally, even it it has very good points and advantages, I find it globally less flexible, or said differently, sometimes - often - it takes more efforts when you want to reach a specific result. I remarked that the included Gamma manager (used on base color and translucency color maps) helps a lot to get darker or more clear skin tones, more than it did with the Iray Uber version. Having a good synthetic overview for PBRSkin help a lot, but IMHO things remain at least a bit less easy as what they used to be.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

V3Digitimes said:

Lol, I understand you (you meant poor beer skin manager?), I must recognised that this new shader is not has easy to tame as Iray Uber. Personally, even it it has very good points and advantages, I find it globally less flexible, or said differently, sometimes - often - it takes more efforts when you want to reach a specific result. I remarked that the included Gamma manager (used on base color and translucency color maps) helps a lot to get darker or more clear skin tones, more than it did with the Iray Uber version. Having a good synthetic overview for PBRSkin help a lot, but IMHO things remain at least a bit less easy as what they used to be.

Yeah, I've not seen any PBR renders I think are better than they would be with Uber.  PBR skin, in make-up terms, seems to be all foundation and no highlighter.

• johnjohn808johnjohn808 Posts: 159

V3Digitimes said:

Where do I get the update? I don`t see it in DIM.

Thank you

Hi,

1. if you mention "Ultimate Iray Skin Manager" update (not for PBR, but for all figures) I uninstalled my Smart Connect version to check that when I re-install with DIM, then I end up with the version 2.0 of the product (you can see this in the caption of the interface when you launch the script), so the update is in the DIM.

Two possibilities:

- the update was already "somehow" made, you can check this by launching the script, and have a look at its caption (title of the interface), you should see it is version 2.0

- the update was not made, but yet is not visible in DIM as an update. You must uninstall your product in DIM (last pane - install click on uninstall), if you keep a copy of the package file you must delete it in the second tab ("ready to install" - check product, right click on product, "delete packages"), then the product should come back in the ready to install. And normally when you install it, it is the latest version.

2. If you speak about/are looking for "Ultimate PBRSkin Manager", (the one compatible with PBRSkin shader), it is not released yet.

Let me know if the update does not work well with DIM, but normally after a clean uninstall/reinstall, you should end up with the updated version.

• johnjohn808johnjohn808 Posts: 159

Hi,

1. if you mention "Ultimate Iray Skin Manager" update (not for PBR, but for all figures) I uninstalled my Smart Connect version to check that when I re-install with DIM, then I end up with the version 2.0 of the product (you can see this in the caption of the interface when you launch the script), so the update is in the DIM.

Two possibilities:

- the update was already "somehow" made, you can check this by launching the script, and have a look at its caption (title of the interface), you should see it is version 2.0

- the update was not made, but yet is not visible in DIM as an update. You must uninstall your product in DIM (last pane - install click on uninstall), if you keep a copy of the package file you must delete it in the second tab ("ready to install" - check product, right click on product, "delete packages"), then the product should come back in the ready to install. And normally when you install it, it is the latest version.

2. If you speak about/are looking for "Ultimate PBRSkin Manager", (the one compatible with PBRSkin shader), it is not released yet.

Let me know if the update does not work well with DIM, but normally after a clean uninstall/reinstall, you should end up with the updated version.

Thank you very much! It seems that I was already running 2.0, and i could have been using it all this time! Lol But I dont know how it updated as I haven't connected that computer to the internet in quite some time. Thank you again for your help, and I can't wait for your PBR (Pabst blue ribbon LOL) version to become available. Instant buy for me!

You're welcome! Happy to see your problem is solved, even if it means your computer may be haunted and auto updating without the internet! For the PBRSkin, it's in the hand of Daz, 100% ready, they will decide when they release. A good thing they don't seem in a hurry since I lack of time right now to make the forum thread and to communicate (I'm in the middle of a new complicated but super interesting project which is over heating my neurons, I prefer staying 100% focused on it).

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,969
    Will your new skin manager for pbr offer a solution for the lack of sss in the new shader?

It is not a "new shader" but a global controler of the existing PBRSkin shader (with extended limits on some properties). So it is only able to do what the shader PBRSkin is able to do when it is pushed to the max of what it can do. So yes, it can make things better, tweaking the tone/volume settings and the translucency map gamma. But I cannot warranty you that you will reach the result you expect.

• Chou-VertChou-Vert Posts: 122

Thank you!  I'm supper excited about the new PBRSkin Shader tool.  I use your Ultimate Skin Shader tool every single time, I've come up with a formula I love, and I use your tool to load the text file, and like magic it's applied to the figure using the maps I had in place.  Now I get to play with the PBR, I feel like a mad scientist (which is a good thing.)

Lol! I hope you'll have fun with the PBRSkin too in your mad skin lab! I'll soon create the thread about PBRSkins.

• ShortlegDoggoShortlegDoggo Posts: 117
    edited April 2021

Hey there! Can't wait to use this, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to open up the script. It's not showing up in my smart content or under smart content > scripts; I can click on the "product" if I search for it in "all products," but it just pulls up a new window where I can view the documentation. I installed it with DazCentral.

The problem is likely between the keyboard and the seat as I'm admittedly not the sharpest tool in the shed (and pretty rusty with DAZ). But I was wondering if you could tell me how to launch the script. Thanks and thank you for making this!

Post edited by ShortlegDoggo on

Hi, sorry for the delay, I'm having internet issues :(

You will not find it under "script' but under the "utilities" category of the smart content when you are in the "Products" type of the smart content tab. I think you also have to uncheck the "Filter by context" checkbox at the bottom of the smart content tab. Then if you want to go faster, you can also write "manager" in the "enter text to filter by..." line. I never tested the Daz Central installation because the first time I used Daz Central, I managed to lose all my smart connect installed content, and this sounded like a "I'll never use this again". So if you don't find it with the clues I gave to you, I think the best thing is :

- first to install with DIM or manual download, which 100% work, the script you have to launch is then "01 Ultimate Iray Skin Manager", once your figure is selected (otherwise it will tell you to select your figure, so no worry).

- then to report to Daz that there is a Daz Central installation issue for this product.

Let me know if you still have an issue after my indications.