Installed Dynamic Sailor Girl - Can't find it

ChushaChusha Posts: 39
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I just purchased and installed the Dynamic Sailor Girl outfit for Genesis and can't seem to find it in DS 4.6, in any of the categories or products content menus. I've tried installing via the download manager and a more conventional legacy installer and still can't locate the product.

However I CAN locate the Dynamic Sailor Girl outfit in DS 3.1.2.32 in the content directory. Which Genesis is not compatible with... Which I find rather... odd...

Any solutions to installing this so DS4 can load it?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Where are you installing it to? If you were using the DIM, then right click on the Installed item tab, and it will give you a list of files it has installed and where it has put them. When you installed yourself, did you just drop the 'Content' folder into the My Library or My DAZ 3D Library folder, if so, that is the problem. You must put the content of the content folder into the DS folder (My Library or My DAZ 3D Library) whichever one you use.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited June 2013

Chusha said:
    can't seem to find it in DS 4.6, in any of the categories or products content menus.

Do you use the Content Library tab at all? Some items, and many older items, will not show in Smart Content, and will only show in categories if you put them there. But everything you install properly (and if it appears in D|S3 you did it right) will always show in the Content Library.

Edit: just noticed your comment about Genesis not being compatible with the content library. Not sure what this means; if you're having that kind of problem, there might be something off about how your content directories are set up. Open the Content Manager, open the D|S and Poser categories and post a screenshot here.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • ChushaChusha Posts: 39
    edited June 2013

When I meant Genesis not being compatible I meant with DS3.

I've not changed any of my content directories since I dabble with both DS3 and DS4. But here's a screenshot of the directory management window.

And thank you for taking time to lend a hand SpottedKitty.

CMD.jpg
    551 x 516 - 116K
    CDM_4-6.jpg
    900 x 623 - 84K
    Post edited by Chusha on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,920
    edited December 1969

Genesis isn't compatible with DS 3 cause it is weight mapped which isn't available till 4.0

• ChushaChusha Posts: 39
    edited June 2013

Frank0314 said:
    Genesis isn't compatible with DS 3 cause it is weight mapped which isn't available till 4.0

Yep, Genesis was one of the reasons I bought DS4, that and the incredibly handy auto fit tool.

One thing I've noticed is DS4 when run, will detect a change in the content library, show a "look at what I found" window, and show the location in the categories pane, but the window where you select the content to add to the scene is empty. And also the Unassigned scene category window was populated before I had to restart the content database process.

Update: Downloading DS4.6 and the install manager from the website and re-installing them fixed the missing items from categories and smart content.

Post edited by Chusha on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Whups — some oddities in your content directories there. I think I see at least one nested duplicate, and I'm not sure if the /programdata/ lines might cause problems, you should only have paths leading to one or the other of your Documents folders.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

You have both Studio3 and Studio3/content listed in DS formats, which is a possible problem, and only the latter is listed in Poser formats, while only the former is listed in DIM, so anything you install using DIM will show up in the DS3 content folder, and most of it won't work properly.