Live Carrara Kit Bashing 3pm GMT each weekday. Making Scenes for "Mind Freeze".

Hi.

After taking a break from the mamoth web series "Cyberpunk Dystopia" which took 7 years of my life, I'm back with a new series. "Mind Freeze".

This one is set in the 1950s. It's another sinister Sci-fi and I invite you to join me as I kit bash my way to glory, or something like that.

I thought I'd get familiar with the tech first before sharing on here,  so this is my latest episode.

Earlier ones are available in the playlist here.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtFTjNxT9stZSy9VIGQPJ1Lz06qRbuNyO

I aim to go live 3pm - 5pm weekdays. I hope to complete the set building phase by the end of 2018. Let's see how realistic that is. :)

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

sounds interres tin

was watching your nla clips recently.smiley

don't know where to put the ik booties on g8m 
    or how to use the lil break ik chain tool

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    Mistara said:

sounds interres tin

was watching your nla clips recently.smiley

don't know where to put the ik booties on g8m 
    or how to use the lil break ik chain tool

Thanks.

I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with Genesis figures yet as the last web series was all made with M3-M4s and V3-V4s. However I will need them for the 50s clothes (gen 1 and 2 at least). I'll share what I learn when I get there.

Cheers

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Hi Steve :)

Octane shouldn't be an option in the vertex modeller,. it's available in the main Assembly room,. so if you use the "edit in assembly room" option (little spanner tool, top left)

you can use octane to preview if needed,. and you can see the other models in the scene to help edit your kit bashed stuff.

you may also save a lot of memory if you copy/paste as new vertex model,. rather than hiding lots of geometry.

Mistara :)

IK tracking is a modifier,.  you can enable, disable or remove it from the Modifiers tab,.. for a selected bone.

you can also Add /Remove or adjust the IK and constraints from the Animation menu "Set IK and constraints"

With NLA's,. You can open the properties tab for the clip and click/select which bones are effected by that clip,. EG: arms only, legs only , or just one finger.

Hope it helps :)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Did you complete the Cyberpunk Dystopia story, I can't remember it actually ending? Maybe I'll have to look it up. Always looked forward to a new episode and your skills developed enormously over the course of it.  I'm sure that I will enjoy the new series too.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,128

SciFi Punk, great stuff.  Sinister 1950s scifi is right up my alley.  Looking forward to it.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996

been hanging for the next SCiFi Funk season.... like I was waiting for Jessica Jones Season 2... finished JJ now for some Funk yes

listening to your mimic pro tutt right now

eyebrows track laugh

Hi,

Sorry for not getting back to people - just found out DAZ prompts go to by Junk folder.

Answers ...

3DAGE - Great info! As usual - many thanks.

PHILW - I ran out of money to keep animating it. Instead the script is now complete (for the 3rd time!) and definitely ready as a feature length film script. I have 3 more made in a hurry episodes which are semi-animated, and then it would be the equivilanent of another 10 episodes if it had continued in episodic form. Instead then, the series now exists as a film script. I have not attempted to sell it yet. 2019 will be busy for other reasons, but hopefully 2020.

Diomede_Carrara - Thank you. All the scenes are now created and the script is completed. I haven't got around to marketing it yet, instead I am 20% into the third script (A post-apocalyptic tale), I plan to visit one of the scenes of the movie this summer and then continue with the script.

Stezza_Carrara9 - I made 3 episodes of season 2 but wasn't happy with the end result (had to rush them), so they exist as private videos only at the moment.

Mystarra - I hope I was helpful.

The next stage for 2019 is to continue on the 3rd script  (A post-apocalyptic tale) which will happen summer of this year. 

Thank you very much to everyone who has shown an interest.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Thanks for the update - good luck!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,128

Wishing you the best.  Looking forward to more updates.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

Hi Steve... I miss the Dystopia episodes, too.  Hope maybe we can see a collage of the later ones some day?  yes  Silene

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,379

Wishing you the best.  Looking forward to more updates.

+1 yes

where the funk?

is all gone?

woes

3DAGE said:

Hi Steve :)

Octane shouldn't be an option in the vertex modeller,. it's available in the main Assembly room,. so if you use the "edit in assembly room" option (little spanner tool, top left)

you can use octane to preview if needed,. and you can see the other models in the scene to help edit your kit bashed stuff.

you may also save a lot of memory if you copy/paste as new vertex model,. rather than hiding lots of geometry.

Mistara :)

IK tracking is a modifier,.  you can enable, disable or remove it from the Modifiers tab,.. for a selected bone.

you can also Add /Remove or adjust the IK and constraints from the Animation menu "Set IK and constraints"

With NLA's,. You can open the properties tab for the clip and click/select which bones are effected by that clip,. EG: arms only, legs only , or just one finger.

Hope it helps :)

ty smiley

Hi guys. Just to let you know I have time to animate again. :)

My work now lives on LBRY.TV https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@scififunk:a

I am uploading one video a day, starting with the tutorials. In the background I am working on completing the first web series. It has no less than 3 endings! I am looking to animate through to ending version 2, and to do a quick rendition of ending version 1. Version 3 is a bridge too far right now, but I'd love to have the time to set those scenes up. 3 expands the universe to no less than 7 related scripts. Hope I get to share them with you someday.

Anyway, sorry I've been away. Real life caught up with me, but we have some time again now. :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996

time to funk on yay yes

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

new ones being posted regularly... yes

tnx!

--ms