Morphing Python Problem!

paul1912011paul1912011 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi People, I got a problem!

I am not new to daz3d and been having this since I first bought this product Daz3d morphing python + Cold Blooded.

Im having major problems with monty the morphing python with its resizing and coiling poses. I have found the length and body morph and resize that but as soon as I start to coil with the active pose tool or anyother movement tool it all distorts and messy up.

How ever the default figure of monty the python works ok without resizing at all. So what's my best option to fix this annoying issue.

Having read and done a few searches using Google, I have noticed that a few other people been having the same problem but I have seen on deviart site that other people have created awesome pictures and I have tried to contact them but they haven't replied to me.

Any who any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• paul1912011paul1912011 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No one going to help me out?

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Can you post a screenshot of the problem ?

edited December 1969

Ok thanks for the reply. The problem I am having is the sizeing and shaping of the morphing python but here are the images.

problem2daz3d.png
    1660 x 840 - 189K
    problem1daz3d.png
    1645 x 778 - 176K
    edited December 1969

Does this happen when you apply only the LengthenBody morph ? I can lengthen my python almost till eternity without distortion.
    I can replicate the effect you're getting by dialing down the yScale of the python, but i see in your pic that yScale is untouched.

edited December 1969

In your original post you also mentioned distortion that occured when posing the lengthened python, so i played with that a bit too.
    Does it look like in my screenshot ? You can apply a smoothing modifier to the python to smooth out the mesh again.

left : unmorphed python
    mid : LegthenBody at 2.0, mesh gets distorted
    right : LengthenBody at 2.0, with smoothing modifier set at 6 iterations

python.jpg
    600 x 600 - 148K
    edited December 1969

thanks for the reply but I have sorted out the sizing problem now. Though the mouth parts still open and go up through the mouth but if I resize it fix's the problem.

though thanks again for your time. I can have some fun now and start creating some art! Oh yeah before I forget, I had to turn limits off by selecting the whole model and turn limits off then it worked.