Smart Content issue in DS 4.6 pro 64 bit

RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 905
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I am trying to modify an existing scene with two Genesis models. After auto-fitting some M4 clothing to them I went to look for poses and discovered that the only thing showing for Genesis is a single hairstyle.

Also, when I loaded the scene it couldn't find the files for the Enchanted forest. The Genesis characters, their hair, and their clothing were fine but it threw errors about the enchanted forest.

I checked my manager and it is pointing to the correct directories. The Daz content manager service is running which makes sense as I can see that one hairstyle.

I am currently reloading all content metadata which is going to take quite a while, but in case that doesn't work, is there anything else I should look for? I noticed the DIM is installing in that new directory (users/public/my daz library) while I have a ton of stuff in the old directory for Daz Studio 4. (users//Daz3d/Studio 4/My library.)

Comments

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 905
    edited December 1969

Update: I finished reimporting Meta data and it didn't fix anything. The only product showing in my smart content for Genesis is Gia hair both the Genesis and V4 versions.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I know this seems like an obvious question, and for that I apologize, but do you have Genesis selected in the scene? And, if so, is the name Genesis showing at the top of your Smart Content tab? If it says "No Selection" instead of "Genesis", then that means your Genesis model is not identified in the scene. You may still see some content (like the hair as you mentioned) because that content might be set for compatibility for any object or has no compatibility assigned to it which would make it show up regardless of what is selected in your scene.

If you have the "No Selection" happening, even though you have Genesis selected in your scene, you need to assign Scene Identification via the context menu at the top of your Scene Tab. It's found under "Edit" in the context menu (3 horizontal lines at corner of Scene Tab). Once that opens, there will be several boxes for information. Choose "Compatibility Base" and click the elipses (...) at the end of the dropdown box. A long list will open up with all of the products you have installed with metadata. Find Genesis in the list and select it, click Accept. Then when that window closes, click Accept again to close the Scene Identification box.

Now, deselect Genesis from your scene tab, then select it again. You should now see "Genesis" in the box at the top of your Smart Content tab and all content compatible will be listed.

I hope.

Good Luck!

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 905
    edited December 1969

Oddly enough when I reloaded the scene to check this it all worked. Maybe Daz had a brief malfunction or something I did fixed it and a restart was all it needed!

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

Update: I finished reimporting Meta data and it didn't fix anything. The only product showing in my smart content for Genesis is Gia hair both the Genesis and V4 versions.

Same thing just happened to me. Weird.
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited July 2013

Genesis selected, but Scene Identification compatibility base is set to /Gia Hair/HairV4. Switched it to Genesis following Slosh's instructions and now it works as expected. I know an update to Gia Hair came through DIM recently...maybe that messed something up.

But at any rate it's working now, and if anyone else comes across this issue, Slosh's instructions above should fix it. Thanks, Slosh!

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955
    edited July 2013

Deleted. I see you solved it.

Post edited by barbult on