Install failed errors

I am relatively new to DAZ studio4.6 and DIM. I am encountering errors when I try to install content purchased from DAZ. I am going back and forth at a snails pace with tech support and am hoping someone here can expedite the process. I fear that the settings in DIM are not correct and therefore I am running into these errors. I am using Poser 7 and trying to use DAZ content. I was finally able to get V4.2 to show up and work in Poser. I am able to manipulate and render V4.2. I am not able to use Genesis or the photo model V5 that I also purchased from DAZ. I am told that Poser 7 doesn't allow the dson download capability?! Evidently V4.2 doesn't use that technology, but everything since- does?! I see a lot of the content in my library from Poser in my DAZ content, but when I try to apply new figures to V4.2, I keep getting errors about not finding morphs for all the body types/parts. I purchased V4.2 morphs ++ but now I can't get them to install. I know my Poser is 32 bit and my computer I am running is 64 bit, so I am confused about where to assign paths . I also don't know exactly where everything should be assigned for the content products and the plugins/shaders/ and updates. Any assistance would greatly be appreciated. I've been reading over and watching whatever I can find online. I have done a lot of trial and error with most being errors. My frustration level is getting up in the red zone!

Post edited by ejohnk_748d6841f8 on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Genesis and V5 content will not work in Poser 7 at all, sorry. Genesis uses a new weight mapped rigging system called Triax which doesn't work in Poser verisions lower than Poser 9, and anything with a 5 in it, is a morph of Genesis, V5, A5 etc.

The bit depth thing wont matter in the slightest, but if you are using Vista, Win7 or Win8, then you should NOT be storing Poser or DAZ 3D content in your Program Files (x86) folder, it can cause a great many problems, as Program Files is a protected area. Much better to move it all to another location.

The Morphs++ package for V4, MUST be installed into the same Runtime folder that V4 is installed to, or it wont work.

Did you change the install location for the DIM to your Poser content? If so, you must give it the path to the folder which 'holds' the Runtime folder, and NOT the runtime folder itself.

I assume you mean Poser plugins and shaders? DAZ Studio shaders and plugins wont work at all in Poser.

• edited December 1969

I have attached a snapshot of my current settings in DIM. I have tried all sorts of paths and folders in hopes that it would finally work. I am hoping that there are default settings that I could try and see if all works. In a worst case scenario, I guess I could uninstall everything and start over from scratch if need be to get things to a default state so I could assign the default settings.
    I just got a filetype error with my attachment.
    In DIM in the "Content path shortcuts: I have poser7
    in the content installs to : I have C:/Program Files (x86)/e frontier/Poser7/Downloads
    content installs to : respective paths
    64 installs to : C:/Progrm Files/DAZ 3D
    32 installs to: C:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/DAZ
    Plugins/Shaders: ---Applications---

• edited December 1969

I just tried to change the "Content path shortcut to the recommended DAZ studio/Poser Content Folder and it appeared to install. Now to see if it works.

• edited December 1969

All is working! Unfortunately I am unable to use any of the 'newer' content from Daz in Poser 7. Hopefully someone will figure out a workaround for that without having to update to the newer versions of Poser.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Glad it's working for you.

Hopefully someone will figure out a workaround for that without having to update to the newer versions of Poser.

I wish you luck, but at the moment, it doesn't even work with Poser 8, and is unlikely to be fixed I would have thought. Lots of people use both programs, and I believe that you could export Genesis from DAZ Studio as a Wavefront OBJ file, and render it in Poser 7. You just would not be able to pose it.