Conforming figure tearing apart at node seam

cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Greetings,

I have a conformer designed for V4 that is tearing apart along both edges of one particular bone (e.g., a 'middle' bone). It's a commercial product, from a vendor that primarily targets Poser, but has generally worked fine in Studio and is known for their high quality meshes. This is the only V4 conformer I have that exhibits this problem (and I own a fair bit of V4 content). Even the other conforming items in this outfit bundle work fine. The problem also occurs when using the transfer tool to convert the item to Genesis; it still pulls apart at the bone seams. I've experienced the problem in both 4.5.1.56 and in 4.6.0.18. When loaded on a default V4, you don't really see the seam breaks. But as soon as you apply shaping morphs to V4 or pose her, the split down the bone seams become very obvious.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause this behavior? Is this likely to be a problem of the original OBJ (such as having hard edges along the geometry where the seams are)? Or a problem with the construction of the cr2? The vendor claims the item works without issue in Poser, but I don't have Poser to confirm this.

Thanks

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

Some idea of what the product is and possibly some pictures of the issue might help, other wise we're all just fumbling in the dark.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

i was hoping not to call out the vendor if possible. The conformer in question is a cowl headpiece. The 'neck' bone of the cowl exhibits the tearing along its edges with the head and torso bones (hence what I meant when I called it a 'middle' bone).