(solved) Problems with Daz Studio 3

starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

I tried to install Daz Studio DAZStudio 3.1.2.32 on my Windows XP computer. The only real reason that I want to run Studio 3 is tu ouse the free Luxrender plugin.

Text copied from the other thread:

I downloaded both the 122 MB file and the 53 MB DS 3 Base Content file. Victoria 3RR doesn't have her textures either. Victoria 4 quickstart looks fine in the OpenGL preview but odd in the 3Delight render.

I'll go create a new thread now... err, after lunch. I'll try using the full version of V4 with morph++ and another texture.

If those are the .daz scene files they won't work, unless you can load them in DS2 and save from there. Scene files from 1.5 or earlier are loading with corrupted UV mapping in DS3 and DS4.

I loaded Victoria 4 from my runtime library (cr2), not a .daz scene file. I deleted V4 base and reinstalled her.

The issue seems to be with 3Delight and shaders

I found this error message in the log:

...Ran tdlmake on image C:/Program Files/DAZStudio3/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4SmplEyeSurfcTr.jpg
Compiling Shaders - 0/1
Rendering image
background
Rendering...
Created RenderCacheBlock
3Delight message #3 (Severity 2): T2040: 'C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio3/temp/d19_V4SmplFaceM_BKN.tdl' not found (in shader 'dzplastic' on object '')
3Delight message #3 (Severity 2): T2040: 'C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio3/temp/d14_V4SmplLashesTr.tdl' not found (in shader 'dzplastic' on object '')
3Delight message #3 (Severity 2): T2040: 'C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio3/temp/d12_V4SmplTorsoM_BKN.tdl' not found (in shader 'dzplastic' on object '')
3Delight message #3 (Severity 2): T2040: 'C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio3/temp/d18_V4SmplEyeSurfcTr.tdl' not found (in shader 'dzplastic' on object '')
3Delight message #3 (Severity 2): T2040: 'C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio3/temp/d17_V4SmplEyeSurfcM.tdl' not found (in shader 'dzplastic' on object '')
3Delight message #3 (Severity 2): T2040: 'C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio3/temp/d15_V4SmplEyesM.tdl' not found (in shader 'dzplastic' on object '')
3Delight message #3 (Severity 2): T2040: 'C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio3/temp/d13_V4SmplLimbsM.tdl' not found (in shader 'dzplastic' on object '')

Edit: I forgot to upload the link to the render of Victoria 4. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=78382_A92aWt73oKZ483jTe9bl&thumb=1&board_id=1

I have the same issue with Daz Studio 2.

Victoria 4 does render fine in Studio 4.5. I have not had this issue with Victoria 4 not rendering properly in Studio 2 or 3 before.

the other issue is that Daz Studio 3 Base Content will not install the files (Victoria 3RR, Dragonfly, forest scene and props). The exe runs without error, but it does not actually extract files. How odd. I am running as an administrator.

Post edited by starionwolf on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Sounds as if TDLMake is not making the TDL files for some reason. Go to the location listed in the warnings and delete whatever is there, then restart Ds (or at least do a File>New) and see if it works.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

I fixed the problem with TDLMake. Long story short: It turns out the new version of a security program suite was preventing TDLMake from running properly. After I disabled the security firewall/sandbox thing, TDLMake can optimize images. I guess the security program doesn't like some programs writing to c:\documents and settings

The security program never did notify me that it was blocking TDLMake. Time for me to find a new security suite.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

edited December 1969

i still cannot install the base content (V3 reduce resolution, fairy, dragonfly, forest millennium scene ) that comes with Studio 3. The installer doesn't extract anything. how odd

oh well, guess I'll have to use some other clothes and sets.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

i still cannot install the base content (V3 reduce resolution, fairy, dragonfly, forest millennium scene ) that comes with Studio 3. The installer doesn't extract anything. how odd

Do you get any error messages? Does it stop of crash?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Check inside the program folders. I recall one setup in which one the installers put a whole bunch of content for D/S3 in the actual program folders instead of the Content folder in My Documents where all the new content was being installed to. If you find that particular Content folder; simply move it out and put it where it belongs. Then open D/S and these items should be found [assuming the directory is mapped].

edited December 1969

I found a partial work-around:

I found my old content for Daz Studio 1.8, the one that is 155 MB in size. It has everything that I want except for the new green fairy outfit.

Now, about the DS_Base_Content.exe that comes with Daz Studio 3:

The installer runs. I see a progress bar that indicates that something is supposed to be copied. I do not see any error messages. I even tried looking for an error log file. I found some for the bitrock installer, but they are from the installation of Daz Studio 2 and Daz Studio 3, not the content.

I checked My Documents, c:\program files\Daz Studio 2\content and c:\program files\Daz Studio 3\content

No, I am not running the setup program under the blasted sandbox. I should uninstall the sandbox security program.

I'll try to install the base content again to see if there are any error messages or anything unusual.

I am using Windows XP and I am running the setup program as an administrator.

I don't suppose I can send customer support and ask them to send me a zip file of the base content if I cannot install the Base 3 content? Just a thought.

edited July 2013

The installer now extracts files properly after I ran chkdsk on the hard drives. Patience55 was right: the installer installed the files in a different folder that what was displayed in the installation dialog box. now i need to add that folder to my content directory list.

Thanks for helping me everyone

Post edited by starionwolf on