Genesis Head Morph Resource Kit 4 don't shows sliders in DAZ 4.0.3.47

ecoleenaecoleena Posts: 85

Hi,
i'm very happy and grateful for the awesome Genesis technology and never stop saying thanks !

But about the wonderful Genesis Head Morph Resource Kit 4 : i tried EVERYTHING and the installation is well done, but the sliders don't shows up in my DAZ 4.0.3.47. On contrary, the beautiful body morph resource kit 1 works fine !

If someone could have i little time to drop to my problem ... Any help is greatly appreciated, if it' s technically possible or maybe not ...

Cheers !
sara

Post edited by ecoleena on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

DS 4.0.is quite an old version, but where are you looking? The Shaping pane or the Parameters pane?

• ecoleenaecoleena Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Hi,

In both panel.
    In the description of this item, it's told that is for DAZ.4, too ...

Cheers

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have Kits 1 and 3, and I just found the Readme through the info in DIM

•You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folder (Default Main Folder is My Library): ◦Presets : Characters : HSTW

•You will find the Dials for the morphs in this set in the following locations: ◦Parameters Tab --> Genesis --> "Actor : Head : Female : Real World : Morph Kits : Morph Kit 3"
    ◦Shape Tab --> Genesis --> "Head : Female : Real World : Morph Kits : Morph Kit 3"

•You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio 4 Locations: ◦"Smart Content : Presets : Poses : Genesis Head Morph Resource Kit 3"

Mine are there, but I wouldn't have found them without the readme.

edited August 2013

Really many thanks for your help !!

i just resolved the issue : these sliders shows up in DAZ 4.5 .!! :lol:

I got nothing against the new versions of DAZ3D,
    for the moment, i do prefer not throw away all my content not compatible with latest version.
    Cheers !
    sara

edited December 1969

I didn't know there was any content that is not compatible with the latest version?

As far as I can remember, all of my previous content worked just the same in DS4.6, what items do you think wont work?

edited December 1969

for exemple, all dynamic clothes , items and props described compatible with DAZ 4...
    am i wrong ?...

Thanks !

edited December 1969

I am not aware of any Dynamic Clothing itmes that don't specifically work in DS4.6 that worked in DS4.0. Most of the Dynamic clothing is made for V4 and M4, so fitting to Genesis is a bit of a workaround anyway in any version.

Most of my newer items have a Legacy file available for download, which is for the DS4 version (and earlier), but the TRX version works in DS4.6 I have older stuff that I have had for many years, and I haven't found anything that doesn;t work. I have my DS3 content folder listed in DS4.6 as well, and everything loads from it as well.

If there are any items that you would like me to test for you, I will give it a try, assuming I already have them?

If your system is very low end, then it may be easier to stick with DS4. If you have a decent amount of RAM, then it should work OK. You cannot keep DS4 and DS4.6 on the same machine, but you can have the 32 bit and 64 bit versions side by side.

edited December 1969

I'm grateful for your time you giving me !

And i'm really happy for that compatibility with my previous items.
    If i well understanding, it's allowable to put in the same machine, both Daz4 -32 bits and Daz4.6 -64 bits ?

Many thanks alot anyway !

Cheers !
    sara

edited December 1969

Yes, that should work, since the 32 bit and 64 bit go into two different folders, and are treated differently. I have heard of other people doing that. I have both bit version of DS4.6 installed, but I think you can have the 32 bit DS4, and the 64 bit DS4.6

DS4.6 does take up a few more resources that DS4 did, but hopefully you wont have any problems.

edited June 2013

Hi,

I try to install the version 4-32bits and version 4.5-64bits in the same PC, but it don't work at content folders level,
    when i open Daz4 or Daz4.5, it telling me that files cannot be found. Probably, i don't followed a right procedure.

But, i have to say, the fact that previous content could work anyway in 4.5 or 4.6 makes me really happy !
    For the moment, i installed few thing concerning Genesis : Essentials, Victoria5, not the latest version, and it seems to work.

Thank you for the support !!!
    Cheers
    sara

edited December 1969

I try to install the version 4-32bits and version 4.5-64bits in the same PC, but it don’t work at content folders level,
    when i open Daz4 or Daz4.5, it telling me that files cannot be found. Probably, i don’t followed a right procedure.

You need to make sure that the paths to your content folders are correct.

You need to go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, and make sure that your folders are listed correctly for DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats.

If you have been using the DIM (DAZX Install Manager), it puts content into a different folder here :

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library

Mkes ure that it is added as well for both Poser and DAZ Studio Formats.

edited December 1969

now, i have installed manually the 64 bits version. (Documents-Daz 3D- Studio-My Lybrary).
    When i installing, manually, the 32 bits version, the installer offers me the same path as above,
    (Documents-Daz 3D- Studio-My Lybrary).

Do i have create a new folder, for exemple, named daz32bit were to install 34 bits content or not ?

1000 000 times thanks you for your appreciate support !

Cheers
    sara

edited December 1969

loreleen said:
    now, i have installed manually the 64 bits version. (Documents-Daz 3D- Studio-My Lybrary).
    When i installing, manually, the 32 bits version, the installer offers me the same path as above,
    (Documents-Daz 3D- Studio-My Lybrary).

Do i have create a new folder, for exemple, named daz32bit were to install 34 bits content or not ?

1000 000 times thanks you for your appreciate support !

Cheers
    sara

Hello again sara

There is a big difference between Content and Applications (Programs). I think you are on a Windows system? If so, DAZ Studio 64 bit should be installed into Program Files, and the 32 bit version should be installed into Program Files (x86). They should not be installed into the My Library folder, that is only for content.

If I were you, I would uninstall the the programs, and reinstall them into Program Files, where they are supposed to go. Content works exactly the same in both version. Content is not 32 bit or 64 bit, it is just content, and works on either version.

edited December 1969

Many thanks for all your help !!!
    Have a good summer,

Cheers