75% Install Failure

rcallicottercallicotte Posts: 27
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

On both DAZ Studio installation (the latest 64-bit) and the DAZ Install Manager, I cannot finish the installation. The install hangs at the very end at 75%. I've removed the programs completely, deleted the files off of my computer and even looked into the Registry. It looks to me like this is a problem with the installer itself.

Anyone see this? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Comments

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

What are your computer specs: OS, RAM, HD space.
    Where are you trying to install the application to?

• rcallicottercallicotte Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

i7, 16G RAM, nvidia 580, lots of disk space to my C: drive.

edited December 1969

and OS?
    Are you trying to install what version of DS 32 or 64 bit to what folder?

edited December 1969

DS 64 (latest version) to Wndows 7 64-bit - DEFAULT FOLDER, except content folder, which is optional.

edited June 2013

So windows 7 64 bit, install DS to C:/program files/Daz/Studio
    and your content tries to point to C:/Users/username/my crap whatever...?

a few things off the top of my head and in no particular order.

• the installer itself is prompting you for some kind of input, but the dialog box is buried or not showing and I want to say I saw this when I went from DS3 to DS4 on my PC a few months ago.

• the installer might be corrupt, if so download all 400GB of it again and make sure you don't have a piece of software interfering or managing the download.

• your account may be corrupt, and if your installer fails at the content point I suspect it's possible though unlikely. Try creating another account with administrative rights and reboot into that account and try to install. There was also a big update for Windows last month, 3 reboots and anject terror on my part but 1/2 hr later I had SP1 Windows 7 64 bit.

• a piece of software is blocking the install, firewall or antivirus is where I would look first.

• a piece of hardware like an external drive or flash is interfering with normal install. if so disconnect them and see if they make any difference.

are you doing the CMS install or not or are you even getting to that point?

Post edited by StratDragon on
    edited December 1969

Thanks StratDragon. What worked - uninstalling everything and then using the Install Manager to redownload and install.

edited December 1969

thats good to know.

edited December 1969

Thanks for your help!