How does on add in a helper morph to clothing?

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Hi,

While I know how to add in a helper morph for SHAPING I don't know how to add in a helper morph for posing a character.

I've refitted the V4 Sorceress outfit to Genesis 02. I've got the weight mapping just about done but that doesn't help a tremendous stretching that occurs when I spread the legs apart for like an energy blast sort of stance. The result on the robe is a horrible stretch in the front and the back. I've made a correction morph that I'd like to have kick in when ever Genesis is posed with her legs spread apart but don't know how to hook it into the robe correctly to kick in when she has her legs in that position.

I tried to make a spread morph and it just makes it worse, not better so not sure what the hell I did wrong there. ARGH!

RobeStretch.jpg
870 x 910 - 205K
Post edited by RAMWolff on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

You really want to adjust the weight maps for the Side-to-Side so there's a smooth blend across the front and back of the skirt, at the moment I think you have most of the left of the skirt moving with the left leg and most of the right with the right, so that the partial move is concentrated down the centre and stretching out the polygons.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited June 2013

Hmm ... I'm not seeing any images post above so taking a wild guess here that you're referring to the normal stretch marking that occurs when posing many a long skirt.

Morph is made for the clothing item.

These images hopefully explain what is going on. The morph has to be done gently moving lots of face normals neatly to keep the checkers square.

003.png
    748 x 483 - 61K
    002.png
    769 x 444 - 64K
    001.png
    760 x 440 - 37K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

Thanks both of you.

Hon, This is a robe previously made by another merchant so I can't really add more faces to it. I think Richard H was onto something . Using the Weight Map brush is showing slight progress. Since this robe is for personal use I've re rigged the skirt and changed the groups a bit to make weight mapping a bit easier. Just finished the rig and saved out . I'm tired so will go at the weight mapping tomorrow. I'm sure some of my previous weight mapping on the skirt will be retained but it might be a mess too so here's hoping that it's not TOO messed up since I deleted bones and what not.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Thanks both of you.

Hon, This is a robe previously made by another merchant so I can't really add more faces to it. I think Richard H was onto something . Using the Weight Map brush is showing slight progress. Since this robe is for personal use I've re rigged the skirt and changed the groups a bit to make weight mapping a bit easier. Just finished the rig and saved out . I'm tired so will go at the weight mapping tomorrow. I'm sure some of my previous weight mapping on the skirt will be retained but it might be a mess too so here's hoping that it's not TOO messed up since I deleted bones and what not.

Okay the picture's back! Yes that's the stretch I thought you'd be talking about. You don't add faces to morph it! It's a matter of selecting more faces to affect the desired change.

edited December 1969

I know how to make a correction morph but what I was hoping to learn was how to embed it as a helper morph that would kick in when the skirt was spread apart like that. It would more than likely be made invisible and just work behind the scenes.

edited December 1969

? Is that a 4.6 thing?

Not aware of any invisible morphs that just kick in when needed. [aside from the auto-fit created ones] But there you go, maybe creating another figure that Genesis could be morphed to; so then to get that morph into any clothing item. Might be a good project for a rainy day.

edited June 2013

I think they are called JCM's but while I know how to make one that will resize the clothing item when a different shape is applied to Genesis or Genesis 02, I don't know how to go about making one that will work for using simple things like spreading the legs out or forward which is what causes the stretching of the skirt part of the above pictured "Tunic" (it's really more of a robe or dress but that's what the merchant named it) ....

EDIT: No, they are not called JCM's (Joint Controlled Morphs) but they are perhaps considered PBM's (Partial Body Morphs) but hidden??

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

Oh that could be. Spend too much time trying to find stuff, haven't been too interested in hiding things!

That Genesis/skirt morph idea is a no-go. Not surprisingly but if one doesn't try, one never knows! Too many other factors involved which get messed up and I'm not about to remake Genesis! Much easier to morph the skirt.