Question on AprilYSH Deeta Hair 2

creativeboomercreativeboomer Posts: 9
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

I just purchased the DAZ version of Deeta Hair 2. It looks like a great 1940s hair style. I downloaded and installed it with the new automated installer. When I went to use it I got this message:

Files not found:
/data/AprilYSH/DeetaGenesis/DeetaHairG1/aprilyshDeetaG1_21594.dsf
/runtime/libraries/Hair/AprilYSH/Deeta G1.hr2

Ignoring the message give me a large block instead of hair. Uninstalling and reinstalling had same affect.
I looked in my directories. The .dsf is right where the message said it couldn't find it. The .hr2 really is missing.

It looked like this was a stand-alone product. I didn't need a previous version, did I?
Any ideas of what I can do to get this to work properly?

thanks

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited June 2013

I don't have this product, but according to the wiki docs, there are two DSON core installers.

edit: Version 2 of the hair comes with Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 hairs, which probably explains the two DSON installers. Wonder why it's looking for the .hr2 version of the hair.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2013

I can load and render both the G1 and G2F versions just fine with no errors at all, and I've never owned the previous V4 version. Are your content directories mapped correctly?

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,021
    edited December 1969

As a guess, it sounds like you need to set your preferences in DIM to install into your normal Library - otherwise it creates its own library and things can get a little confusing. If you click the preferences icon in DIM you can change where it installs to.