Shaders of Gray (or, Help! I'm Completely Mystified by Shaders!)

jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Just what the thread title says - I have no idea of even where to start using shaders. If someone could help me from the very basics, I'd be ever so grateful! :)

Comments

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

Heya Jerriecan,

Take a look on YouTube for carnite's DAZ-related videos. They're a little old, but very watchable to at least get a start on tools and theory.

http://www.youtube.com/user/carnite

I'm not a Studio shader pro by any stretch of the imagination, so I can't be much more help. Good luck!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

You use shaders every time you render - they are what tell 3Delight how lights, cameras and surfaces behave. What are you wanting to know - how to apply and use the optional shaders from the store? How to sue Shader Mixer?

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

You use shaders every time you render - they are what tell 3Delight how lights, cameras and surfaces behave. What are you wanting to know - how to apply and use the optional shaders from the store? How to sue Shader Mixer?[/quote]

I would love to know how to do this...

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

You use shaders every time you render - they are what tell 3Delight how lights, cameras and surfaces behave. What are you wanting to know - how to apply and use the optional shaders from the store? How to sue Shader Mixer?

Yes to both - using the optional shaders from the store and how to use Shader Mixer. Like I said, I have no clue where to even begin.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

For Shader Mixer, you can do worse than start here http://www.daz3d.com/shader-mixer-tutorial-i

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Fantastic! Looks like just what I need. Thanks so much!