CMS crashes when I open Daz 4.6

SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Okay my CMS is crashing as soon as I open Daz 4.6, is there a way to download just the CMS for a reinstall? Suggestions on fixing the issue?

Amy

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

You can uninstall CMS and then either reinstall DS (with the stand-alone installer) or reinstall DIM to reinstall it.

I would recommend going all out and replacing the databases as well:
    1) If you have categorized things yourself, use Content DB Maintenance > Export User Data to back up your categorization.
    2) Shut down DS, uninstall CMS, and delete the databases
    3) Reinstall DS or DIM to reinstall DIM
    4) Start DS and use Content DB Maintenance > Re-Imporr Metadata to restore your user data and the product metadata.

• DivaDollyDivaDolly Posts: 93
    edited June 2013

fixmypcmike said:You can uninstall CMS and then either reinstall DS (with the stand-alone installer) or reinstall DIM to reinstall it.

I would recommend going all out and replacing the databases as well:
    1) If you have categorized things yourself, use Content DB Maintenance > Export User Data to back up your categorization.
    2) Shut down DS, uninstall CMS, and delete the databases
    3) Reinstall DS or DIM to reinstall DIM
    4) Start DS and use Content DB Maintenance > Re-Imporr Metadata to restore your user data and the product metadata.

I'm experiencing a similar problem - Smart Content does not appear via Smart Content Tab although all my stuff still appears in Content Library. Have already tried to recover meta data to no avail. Uninstalled then reinstalled DAZ and Content Management Service. Alas, no joy.

Please can you advise me how to delete the databases?

Thank you!

Post edited by DivaDolly on
  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

If you did a standard DAZ Installation, your database should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases or C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases.

There are five files there : 4 ContentDB.xxx and a master.vdb

Delete them all after you have uninstalled the CMS. You may need to shutdown the 'DAZ Content Management Service' before beeing able to uninstall

edited December 1969

If you did a standard DAZ Installation, your database should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases or C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases.

There are five files there : 4 ContentDB.xxx and a master.vdb

Delete them all after you have uninstalled the CMS. You may need to shutdown the 'DAZ Content Management Service' before beeing able to uninstall

Thank you
    I'll try that now

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Okay I finally got it fixed the other day. I uninstalled Daz 3d and the CMS, then on Vista Home edition the database is actually stored in a hidden folder under: c:/ProgramData/Daz 3D/ content management service once I got that deleted, I re installed from a directly downloaded install file, not the DIM. Then it successfully started up like it was supposed to and stopped crashing.
    Thank you guys for the help, it was a most frustrating problem!

Amy

edited December 1969

Okay I finally got it fixed the other day. I uninstalled Daz 3d and the CMS, then on Vista Home edition the database is actually stored in a hidden folder under: c:/ProgramData/Daz 3D/ content management service once I got that deleted, I re installed from a directly downloaded install file, not the DIM. Then it successfully started up like it was supposed to and stopped crashing.
    Thank you guys for the help, it was a most frustrating problem!

Amy

Thanks for sharing the "hidden folder" path - I've been pulling my hair out trying to find CMS database and after reading your post I found it , yippee. I'm using Windows 7. I always forget to look in hidden folders so I've attached a stick-it note to my monitor for future reference.

Anyhow, wish to let you know that my CMS is up and running the way I'm used to it, fingers crossed......

Thank you to all you lovely people who shared info.

Karen xx