Saved morphs for props not working

DrHemulenDrHemulen Posts: 81

I'm trying to do some morphs for a prop, not one of the actors. I use this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI-a9XiXBNM

Everything goes smoothly until I save. My morph is imported corretly, I can move the dial to apply it. I save it as described, but when I reload the prop it doesn't exist. I can see it on the file is saved correctly on the disk, ie:

D:\My Documents\DAZ 3D\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female Genitalia\Morphs\Tetst\ZBrush Morph.dsf

I have no issues getting this to work with genesis for instance. Is there some crucial step I'm missing?

Edit: I think I narrowed it down to the prop not having the "actor" parameter group.
It works for gen1 male and female genitalia, but not gen2 female genitalia. The only difference I can spot is that the gen2 misses the actor parameter group.

Is there any way to add it? I tried adding it when importing the morph, it shows up in the parameters tab, but when I save and readd the prop, the actor group is gone.

Post edited by DrHemulen on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Did you save the morph as a Morph Asset - File>Save as>Support Asset>Morph Asset?

• DrHemulenDrHemulen Posts: 81
    edited July 2013

Yes I did, same procedure as I used with Genesis, it just doesn't work with the props. The files are on the disc in what appears to be the right places, but they are not loaded when the prop is added.

I just tried exporting the morph targets to .obj and importing them back with the morph power loader. Saving those works, the morphs are still there when add the prop to a fresh scene after restarting Daz, so I guess that's a good workaroud, at least with Hexagon. Go figure.

I'm really new at this, and I can't rule out that I'm doing something really obviously stupid.

Post edited by DrHemulen on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Ah, sorry - I didn't register that it was ZBrush. yes, there seems to be a bug in the curent GoZ that is preventing morphs from saving, using Morph Loader avoids that. The issue has been reported.

• DrHemulenDrHemulen Posts: 81
    edited December 1969

Thanks, good to know I'm not going crazy :)