DIM Issue

MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

This is the first time I've really had an issue with Daz's Install Manager, but today there was an update to my Luxus for Carrara. Since I use the 64-bit version, I told it to download and install.

Well, it's been two hours since it was at 100% complete but it never finishes. I can't quit the application and it won't let me stop the install. It's stuck in a constant loop and I can't stop. I'm about to force-quit the app and move on, but I'm afraid of what damage it might do to Carrara and Luxus.

Any ideas?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

I've seen this happen on occasion -- I think it has to do with the OS not wanting to allow links to be created, since DIM doesn't run with Administrator privileges. When I force-quit DIM the only thing that's missing is the start menu and desktop icons. If it isn't working right, try running DIM as administrator and uninstall/reinstall the plugin.

• MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

How do you set it up as an Administrator on Mac 10.8? Usually when a program needs to do that on a Mac, it asks for the user/pw of the admin user of the Mac, but DIM just sat there.